Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

I’m working on Avery and Quinn

I have to take this one’s head back off because I forgot to put the magnet in for the pacifier. Lol

18 Likes

@NancyW Nancy, you hair is always ‘out this world’! But when do you have time to root so much hair??!! Amazing!

1 Like

@DancesWithDolls Beautiful colors and amazing babies!

1 Like

thank you!! I root every night, guess like how some people knit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A bunch of us got them from I think pabol…?

@Miss_Kitty I thought they were brown, lol. But they are a pretty perfect pink!

1 Like

She’s gorgeous!! I love your toddlers. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sooo cute!!

I am waiting on my body too!

@Alexiaxoxo Be patient, you’ll see it eventually…, after mottling… Welcome to the journey!

Getting there with baby Groot, after painting all day. Just need to add some shading and finer details. I think I’m regretting making the wood grain lines so dark on his face, though.

24 Likes

I think he looks great!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

When I used fleshed tones, it often took me over 50 layers to ever get it to look real. Then I switched to primary method, now I’m done after about a dozen layers. Be super patient, or switch to primary. Both end up great at the end.

2 Likes

I think he’s looking awesome!! Maybe if you darken the rest of him a little the lines wouldn’t look so dark 🤷 just a thought :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is the vinyl hard or the neck hole small? If it’s hard I just heat the vinyl before cutting the sockets and put them in while it’s still warm. If it’s small I cut it if there’s room too, if not I just suffer trying to stuff them in lol

1 Like

It looks like there’s a well defined circle around the eye socket. If you use a narrow blade, no more than 1/4 inch, you can cut the eye socket about 3/4 of the way around.You can enlarge the neck hole with an X-acto knife and use long forceps to insert them from the back.

1 Like

I think he’s adorable!!

1 Like

WIP Jamie Kewy, my first painted hair baby in 5 years. the very first one I did had to be stripped completely, it was so bad. I’m really happy with how it came out this time. I still don’t like painted hair but he will be a play doll for a little girl and I didn’t want to root a full head that would be destroyed. He isn’t quite done, he still needs varnish but I’m happy with him.

19 Likes

@MilosMeadows Good job for the first hair! Did you used paint or pencils?

Thank you, I used paint :slight_smile: I don’t like the pencils for the whole head. I used a 20/0 liner brush

1 Like