Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 2)

Love it!

Love your skin tones and I see a girl :heart:

1 Like

thank you :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Turned out so cute. Aren’t you glad you decided to paint this kit :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Working on ava! Her mamma just needs to approve her skin tone then on to My favorite part! The fine detials :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

With all the genesis panic I’m testing out air dry! I have enough genesis for a while but I wanted to try air dry too! Soooo different and I have no idea what I’m doing :see_no_evil: mottling is the thing I can’t figure out how to do the most!

16 Likes

I learned to reborn with air dry. I used the Hunnybuns Nursery Waterborne Paints. They were in their infancy and when I took a tutorial that taught how to use them, it instructed using Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel mixed in to the paint to give it some tooth. I was able to get some mottling that way. Not like what we get with Genesis, but it was visible.

4 Likes

Oh! I got golden paints at my local craft site but I also ordered some ultra matte gel and it will be here tomorrow! I’m excited to try it!

4 Likes

WIP My middle son’s portrait baby. Thank you to the artists for kit matching Libby sculpt.

20 Likes

You are rocking these portrait babies.

1 Like

Thank you. Since being a breast cancer survivor, I wanted my boys to have portrait babies. They are very happy with how they are turning out.

7 Likes

What a wonderful thing to do for your boys!

That hair looks great!

2 Likes

These are awesome!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Awesome the likeness is remarkable.

2 Likes

Thank you. The artists are so great at kit matching.

3 Likes

After a full month of rooting, I am finally done rooting Laura. I started her in July. OMG I am so freaking relieved! Her hair is super crazy right now I have sealer drying and have had issue after issue, running out of hair, hair coming out, vinyl splitting, etc… It’s stressing me out just listing the things I’ve had to deal with!

So I’m not laying a finger on this hair to trim or even brush until her glue is completely dry. This baby has been the biggest nightmare I’ve ever painted. It’s kind of cool that I was able to root this thickly, I didn’t think I’d be able to, but I will never accept a request for thick hair again!
I still have to do eyelashes of course, but I’m going to have this girl out of here and be able to move on to the other babes I have waiting.

I did a couple layers on Kai’s eyebrows, but I need to mess with them a bit more, my hairs are too thick. I’ve been rooting so long I’ve forgotten how to paint :laughing:

20 Likes

That hair is crazy awesome! I feel your pain! I can’t root thickly to save my life lol it’s the OCD in me so I can only imagine your mental turmoil though all that :rofl:

It was worth it though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: she looks awesome and I can’t wait to see how you style it! There is. I way I’d be brace enough to cut an inch of that hair after all you went through :scream:

3 Likes

Tell me about it!! It went against everything I’ve worked so hard to achieve with my rooting. Honestly I’m absolutely terrified to trim it, I know I have to, especially in the front, she has a bowl cut look going on. But I’m not good at all with newborn hair cuts, I’ve tried all the tips from those that do it so well, but mine never come out looking natural. I always try to root short hair so I don’t have to trim, bit this one didn’t work out. I’ve never done hair that was thick enough to actually style though, so that’s pretty exciting.

2 Likes