Length of reborns

I’m not complaining, but I just wondered if others found the same thing as me. Latest example is Romilly, I used the body supplied but when I measure mine to the end of the outstretched leg she’s only 17" not 18" as stated she is. So many seem to come out shorter than is stated. I’ve only had a few that have come out at the length stated.

Sometimes when the body is supplied from the supplier especially one I get from Australia is often too small. For example way back when Mattia by Gudrun Legler was released I had ordered her but when I received it, the body was so small she was no bigger than a newborn but had such a mature face and looked rediculous, when this happened I’d had a few in a row like that and had spent a fortune sourcing bodies and I just gave up and traded her for a Katie Marie kit, and when she received it she couldn’t get over how small the body was, but she was a person that made her own bodies and made one for her. I’m no good at sewing, knitting etc so I rely on suppliers. I regret to this day letting her go but was just so frustrated at the time and didn’t have the money to buy yet another body.

1 Like

Do you have the problem only with that supplier or with others too? I know I once ordered a body from China, it was sold as a 22" one, but it was way smaller. It would make an 18" or so baby.
Bodies just seem to vary wildly across different suppliers.

various suppliers but one in particular was bad, but I had one BB one that was so skinny it looked silly but I’ve only ever had the one like that, usually BB bodies are really good. The body I got with Romilly is nice but she is only 17". I’ve only ever got one china body and it had no shape and was short and fat, I still have it.

1 Like

I’ve had that problem. The body that comes with the kit sometimes seems like the wrong one. Like Maia Lopes’ body seemed totally wrong for the kit. It was too big, too fat and had front loading legs when the kit seems to have side loading legs. I generally don’t have the extra money to buy another body so I just deal with whatever body the kit comes with. I wish they would measure the kits accurately before advertising them. Tink is shown as an 18 inch baby on Macpherson’s but is so much littler than that, it’s misleading!

2 Likes

yes same I don’t have money to buy extra kits or bodies. My Tink is only 16" and Romilly isn’t much longer.

Yup, there’s no way Tink is 18 inches. It’s so misleading to say that they’re one size and have them actually be another size. Like they suddenly forget how to measure or something, it’s not difficult to get the accurate measurement of the kit. I don’t get it.

1 Like

I am confused with body length too. I have made both Lief and Aspen with the recommended body for an 18"doll. Now I am making another Aspen and the same body, the one recommended for her, is listed as the body for a 19" doll. I don’t get it. Why the change?

Apparently measuring babies, fake or real is tricky. My oldest son was measured as 22 inches by the first nurse. But my mom saw that the nurse didn’t stretch him out. So later that morning, my mom, who is a nurse measured him. She got 24 inches. Then my sister, who is also a nurse got 24. Then we asked another nurse her opinion. She got 24. So, according to the records, he was 22 inches long. According to everyone else involved, he was 24 inches.
With kits, I could definitely see how it could get tricky. Different size bodies are used. And people stuff them differently. So there would naturally be lots of variation. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

He was a really long baby. Is he really tall as an adult?

1 Like

He’s fairly tall and super skinny. 6 ft 1 and only about 115 pounds. :open_mouth:
Here he is with his short siblings. :wink:

2 Likes

So these are all your kids? Yes, I’d say he is tall. My youngest was about 22" if I remember correctly. He is over 6 ft now. Amazing. He is the tallest in the family! :slight_smile: Sure are a bunch of good looking kids.

1 Like