LDC softline babies

Ive been wanting one of the soft line full body LDC reborns for awhile now but I just couldn’t decide and I thought they all looked too dolly like. I was looking around today and found that Puppentraumland has their own soft line. I fell in love with this baby. I can not wait to get home from vacation and order her :smile: Has anyone gotten one of these babies? are they the same as the LDC soft line?
My husband was helping me put June together today and also helped me get one of my other kits out. He says “You’ve got five kits in this bin and the other one is stuffed full, don’t you have enough?”
He’s very understanding but really…he just doesn’t get it! LOL

https://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/doll-kits/puppen-traumland-reg-kits/puppen-traumland-reg-kits-by-sizes/18-22-inch/1036/pt40.16-soft-line-kit-belinda

3 Likes

My Victoria LDC is coming soon. I bought her from one of the members here @handy_denise. The YouTube videos show them as soft and squishy. I have an Ana realborn and she’s soft but not as squishy. I love Puppentraumland’s kits. The postage is expensive. I’d buy a few kits to handle the 50 euros postage. They make the LDC kits with irrestables! I don’t think they’re as similar as the Cradlekits. Those all look alike lol.

2 Likes

Victoria and Carmela are the ones I liked the most…I also like Indra but just not as much. I used to buy all my supplies and eyes on Puppentraumland because I live in France, but now shop more on Dollsgarden because they have BB’s realborns. I just went on there today to look at the LDC kits and I got bored and looked at their babies and saw Belinda, I didn’t know they had a soft line series…or I just never noticed before.

1 Like

Yes those are my favorites too. I love Victoria, Indra sleeping and now Henry the most. I looked at his pictures more and he can suck his thumb. He’s so cute!

Have you seen Mical?

https://www.puppen-traumland.de/reborn-bausaetze/puppen-traumland-reg-bausaetze/puppen-traumland-reg-bausaetze-nach-groessen/45-55-cm/953/pt40.6-soft-line-bausatz-mical?number=PT10035.1&c=43

1 Like

Thats why I like Cristina as well, her mouth is open. You can also see her gums and tongue, I just wish she had open eyes. I like closed eye babies but she would look cuter with her eyes open I think.

https://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/doll-kits/ldc-reg-doll-kits/ldc-reg-kits-by-doll-artists/ldc-reg-soft-line/733/8.24-ldc-soft-line-cristina?c=139

1 Like

She’s so sweet! I think they should offer her as an open eyes baby.

1 Like

I wish they would…Id definitely buy her :wink:

1 Like

Just a word of advice about the softline kits. I made one using Genesis and the vinyl refused to take paint in places. I had to strip him 4 times. Might be different with air dry but be aware.

1 Like

She should be with you Friday!!!

1 Like

It is the same with any hobby. I have sewn and crocheted for many years. When I used to work I went to the sale at the fabric store and Wal-Mart and such. I would buy a ton of fabric, patterns, notions, things I knew were a good deal and that I would need. Also, I have more than a ton of yarn! LOL About a year ago my hubby and my then 9-year-old grand daughter helped me to organize my yarn better. I even had more yarn than I realized. :slight_smile: BUT, I used my money, so they can’t say too much. I know some men would say something anyway, but as you said about yours, mine is supportive. Now, I have the dolls. Just started in February of this year, and I don’t really think he know exactly how many dolls I have, and also The amount of the other stuff I use for the dolls. :slight_smile: I don’t bother to make sure he sees them if he is not home when the package arrives. I don’t hide anything from him, but he is just not available. Plus, they don’t really get into my dolls and such. But, I am not well, and the dolls are a great hobby for me. It takes me longer than others to make a doll, I guess, but I can’t just sit and work on it for days. I have to wait until I have a good day. But, I still enjoy it.

4 Likes

This one, PT40.6 Soft Line Bausatz Mical, is really cute – open mouth and open eyes. I have not progressed to the point of being able to reborn well enough to spend that much on a kit, also I am retired and not well, so I don’t have a lot of doll dollars anyway. But, I love this one!

2 Likes

I blame the sculptors, they keep making cute kits…LOL
My husband is very supportive…he even helps me put the babies together because my hands are not strong enough to deal with the zip ties due to my disease…he also let me turn our living room into my studio because I had to surrender our extra room because my step daughter came to attend university here. He even set me up a second table and went out and bought me plastic bins and dressers. Even if I use my money from my disability to buy my babies, I talk it over with him because that is only fair. He definitely supports me but he just doesn’t understand why I NEED new kits when I already have some ;). Im very slow at making dolls due to being ill but the more I make them the easier it gets for me. Most of the time my husband isn’t home either when the babies come and I typically look them over and then put them inside on of my bins, that he bought me…and they certainly are not hidden, they are under my table in the living room LOL.
Its good to know that your husband is supportive as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, he is definitely cute!

I use Golden acrylics but Ill make sure to seal her well, thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

I completely understand! They don’t understand why we NEED them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She’s a cutie!

2 Likes

I’m going to use air dry so hoping that it sticks. I wonder if they do something to the vinyl that causes issues? @RebornsbyZebra how do you like working with the golden paints?

2 Likes

Just be aware that the full vinyl kits are horrid to assemble. Last one I did it took me, my dad and a pair of pliers about 15 minutes just to get the arms on. We were both panting by the end.

2 Likes

That’s awful. But cool he helped! What tools did you need besides pliers?

1 Like

Sounds like my husband and I trying to feed the zip ties back into the body LOL.
It does look like quite a job though. Ill have to enlist the help of my teenage son as well.
Do you put any stuffing into them or do you just leave them as is?