Layer 14 and counting!

I am currently working on BB Aubrey and started with a peach kit.
I started with 2 layers yellow ochre, then flesh 08, then flesh o8 with T.White mixed in , flesh 08 again, blush layer, flesh with blush mixed in, yellow ochre again, flesh again, blush again, yellow o again and she is still too dark for my taste… Do I just give up and keep her a darker skin baby or does someone have a suggestion??? Should I try a mint wash??? I’m at a loss. Thanks!

Linda

The yellow ochre is adding to the darkness or warmth of the skin.
amber

Geezh! I guess this must be where “artistic talent” comes in. You just KNOW that the yellow o-stuff is making the baby dark? I’ll never get this coloring thing! How do you do that?

Amber,

thanks…I didn’t have a clue…so what do I do to lighten her up? Just use flesh 08 with Titanium white and keep using it alternating with blush?

Thanks again…

Linda

When I want to lighten a baby I do a wash with Earth Mint.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/1/7/1/5/0/webimg/299985497_o.jpg

— Begin quote from “rose481”

Geezh! I guess this must be where “artistic talent” comes in. You just KNOW that the yellow o-stuff is making the baby dark? I’ll never get this coloring thing! How do you do that?

— End quote

I guess I should have phrased it differently. I don’t KNOW that that is what is causing it, however…many tutorials on “how to warm up skin tones” suggest using yellow ochre, so that is why I said it. Should have been more specific I guess in my reply "It could be the yellow ochre."
thanks
amber