Kit from China! Who does it look like?

Ok I’m so in love with this kit it’s only 16 or 17 inches he’s tiny!! But yes it’s a fake.:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:Now Let me get this straight I did not buy him because it was cheap!! If I new it was a knock off I would of put 20 bucks in an got the real kit. It had coco malu the real one posted as the pictures when I purchased it. I’m working on getting my money back. I opened a case with PayPal/eBay. I figured I would share with u all so that you could be aware. That’s all.

1 Like

This is one of the kits produced by NPK without the artist’s permission, so it is like a copied handbag. The sculptors are totally up in arms about it.

3 Likes

No it’s not from Elisa Marxs. But don’t it look like coco malu. I don’t think that’s right they copy kits the only thing different is the size. The limbs look exactly the same. When I ordered it I thought it was coco malu lol

1 Like

The head circumference on the real kit is 12.5 inches and the finished size is 19". Are you sure it isn’t actual size?

That is definately Coco Malu. How do they get away with this?

2 Likes

He’s 18 inches here is the link to the ones that are painted eBay

Right now the artists have a FB page that lists dolls that are on Ebay that are made from these kits.They have members searching for people who are reborning them for sale on Ebay. They are reported and your name and nursery is listed on their page in a not so flattering way. It is important not to buy these and always save your COA’s on your limited editions.

1 Like

Measure the head! I am certain it is an exact copy of the original Kit. NPK either did the original Coco and then poured more or NPK made a mold off of a purchased Coco and poured the kits. Either way, it is just not right.

3 Likes

Definitely Coco Malu knockoff. The limbs aren’t an exact replica. Is that how they get away with it?

When I get back home I will measure the head. When I bought it there where pictures of coco malu an the kit. Same pictures I saw on another site on eBay so didn’t think much about it I guess. It wasn’t that cheap an I just wanted the kit. That is why I shared it because I couldn’t believe I thought it was coco malu an it’s wrong they do that. I wish it was the real one. It’s not my own stupidity. I just always wanted that kit an wasn’t paying attention where it was coming from.

1 Like

Easy mistake. It could come to you from the US and still be a China copy.

2 Likes

Doll Artists Against Illegal Doll Makers. They are trying to educate the buyers about these illegal kits and to try and stop the public from buying them by making doll artist aware that they are stolen.

2 Likes

That is most definitely a counterfeit Coco Mailu.

Looks like a Coco copy to me. Something doesn’t look quite right about he left hand/fist.

It’s such a shame that China does this. It is so unfair to an artist’s hard work. They sculpt to help support their families and we the consumer get to benefit from their talent. Unfortunately there will always be people that will buy counterfeit kits because they just don’t care about anyone but themselves and MONEY talks. If they can save a buck. they will. It’s not important to them that they are stealing someone’s livelihood and furthermore they will always find buyers for their work. Sad, Sad, Sad !

1 Like

Thats sad if you paid that price for a copy cat of coco since you can buy the real thing for around the same price.

I’ve seen too many to count anymore. It’s just sad

Yes it is sad sad sad that they do this. But what about the people buying them? I was under the impression I was buying coco malu not a knock off. It did not say it was coming from China, it said California. I put a link that I found that they have them painted already that is not who I bought the kit from but it’s definitely a copy of coco malu. I have a few Elisa Marx kits I love her work an if I new it was a fake I would of threw 20 bucks in an grabbed the real one. So you shouldn’t assume people are buying them because they are CHEAP that is not the case at all. I paid 80 bucks for a knock off I’m not very happy!!! I posted it so people could see. I love the coco malu Kit an always wanted it. But unfortunately it was false advertisement.

This was a post to make people aware not to put people down.

1 Like

I’m sorry that this happened to you. I got taken the same way. I bought a kit from someone near me that was selling out her stock due to quitting reborning, and she didn’t tell me that it was a knock off, but I found out from the marking on the doll. However, I didn’t pay full price, so at least there is that.

1 Like