Kay's Lil Keepers? EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

has anyone heard from Kay? I sent her an email quite awhile back and have not heard from her…came here looking for her and she has not posted since April!!!
Let me say that one reason I was concerned about Kay is that she has had several bad falls in the past…I knew she was getting on in years but did not realize till I checked her profile that she is 80!

Another dolly friend of mine had become good friends and customer of Kay through me…and together we did some research and came up with a phone number which Lana called. she got Kay’s grandaughter. Back in April Kay and her hubby were on their way to a Dr appt and were hit by a train and killed instantly!

The grandaughter is living in their house…she told Lana sheis going to try and get into Kay’s email today. She is trying to sort out if Kay had orders she had not shipped.
I am thinking…if you paid for an order…and did not receive it…you might email Kay and put ‘unfilled order’ as your subject? kbevans48@yahoo.comPlease be patient…cannot imagine anyone trying to sort my business if something happened to me

I haven’t seen a post from her in a long while, but I think she can be contacted by sending her a pm. I believe she is still taking orders for reborn clothing.

she has made alot of clothing for me over the years…and we have become friends.
I emailed her over a month ago and have not heard from her. when I saw she was not posting here…I got worried!

I know what you mean. When we know someone from this forum in one way or another and they are actively posting for along time we do get concerned when suddenly they stop posting. I have wondered myself if she just moved on or if she is ok. Maybe a pm would reach her if there was no response to the email address. And please let her know I’ve thought about her often.

updated first post

That is just tragic. It would be hard for someone to sort through my stuff and figure anything out! I really should get organized.

Oh my, how sad.

Oh, that’s so sad! My heart goes out to her family. She was such a nice, helpful lady, and her talent and sweet personality will be missed!

You were right to be worried apparently. That is so sad! It is nice of her granddaughter to try to sort the reborn stuff out as I’m sure there are a million other things to take care of

“Back in April Kay and her hubby were on their way to a Dr appt and were hit by a train and killed instantly!”

Oh, no! Soooo sad ~ she seemed to be such a sweet lady; so sorry to hear this

This is very sad to hear. She always came across so sweet in her posts. I will miss her. Thank you, JaNan for letting us know.

OH NO!
I loved Kay and her creations. How awful, but yet how nice for the two of them to go together. Man, sometimes life really stinks!
Her poor family!
RIP dear friend.
hugs
joy

I am so sorry.

Kay last placed an order with us on March 18. I just now tried calling the phone number on the order and got voice mail, but I left a message and said Bountiful Baby would like to help.

If anyone has any “paid for” orders with Kay, please, let’s not bother her granddaughter about unshipped orders. Go ahead and send an email to "sales@bountifulbaby.com". Address your email to Averie (my daughter). Let her know what you have that is paid for with Kay. We will take care of you.

If there is something on our website that will work as a replacement for what you purchased (and never received) from Kay, we will ship it to you for free (just let Averie know what it is in your email). Otherwise we will issue you a Gift Certificate for whatever amount you have paid and not received from Kay.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

1 Like

How incredibly nice of you Nevin!

WOW!!! what an awesome thing! thanks so much NEvin and family…you are dolls (that is a high compliment!)

— Begin quote from “bbsupport”

Kay last placed an order with us on March 18. I just now tried calling the phone number on the order and got voice mail, but I left a message and said Bountiful Baby would like to help.

If anyone has any “paid for” orders with Kay, please, let’s not bother her granddaughter about unshipped orders. Go ahead and send an email to "sales@bountifulbaby.com". Address your email to Averie (my daughter). Let her know what you have that is paid for with Kay. We will take care of you.

If there is something on our website that will work as a replacement for what you purchased (and never received) from Kay, we will ship it to you for free (just let Averie know what it is in your email). Otherwise we will issue you a Gift Certificate for whatever amount you have paid and not received from Kay.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

— End quote

Wow! What a beautiful and generous gift to Kay’s family!

Amazingly generous for BB to step in and help!

Wow, what a shocker. She did such beautiful work. I am sure her family is still in shock. She will be missed. god bless her family.

Nevin and family—you go beyond expectations!! I cannot imagine any other business that would reach out like you have. You are amazing and I hold you in high regard. God bless what you are doing for Kay and her family.

This is terrible news, my heart goes out to the family…and to Denise & Nevin, you are thoughtful, kind and generous to help the family in this way.