Just wanted to share my TV segment on reborn doll artistry!

Awhile ago USA Today did a feature on reborn doll collectors. I am sure you know how that went…showing their dolls, where they take them etc. Why doesn’t anyone report on the Art form??? Fox 17 News posted a link on their facebook about the USA segment. My dear husband decided to comment about me reborning dolls and so forth and so on and defended the time, labor, art behind them…nice hubby very happy He took it upon himself to message the station that his wife makes these dolls and if they wanted more information to contact me… was my first reaction when he told me that they had called. Then I thought…ok maybe I can try and represent us reborners in a positive light… thinking cap on…I tried to prepare for the interview I agreed to. They actually did a pretty good job with the story…some of the lighting is not as good as I had hoped …and they managed to still put the unfortunate…crazy things people do with reborns clips…but all in all, I was pleased. So, here you go ladies!
http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-w … 5947.story
Hugs,
Blanca

Well done!

It’s nice someone finally made a segment of the artistry behind the reborning process, and not the “creepiness” of collecting these dolls.

I’ve been featured thrice on TV with mine, but in one such clip the editor insisted on putting the creepy and shocking title, which of course resulted in bad comments. Can you imagine what impact can “They buy dolls resembling their dead babies” title have on potential buyers? Grrrr…

— Begin quote from “Friki”

Well done!

It’s nice someone finally made a segment of the artistry behind the reborning process, and not the “creepiness” of collecting these dolls.

I’ve been featured thrice on TV with mine, but in one such clip the editor insisted on putting the creepy and shocking title, which of course resulted in bad comments. Can you imagine what impact can “They buy dolls resembling their dead babies” title have on potential buyers? Grrrr…

— End quote

Thank You! Unfortunate that they chose to put an absurd title on your segment!

Yeah… idiots! Luckilly, there was an article in a popular daily newspaper about my dolls about a month later and it was very neutral - the journalist did a great job, and made a story about creating such a doll and the various uses (no one mentioned dead babies). That one had a positive impact and there were many nice comments in the online version of the article. And finally I’ve started receiving emails from potential buyers. Maybe I’ll finally sell a doll soon, LOL
But enough about me Did you start receiving more orders than before now that you’ve been featured on TV?

— Begin quote from “Friki”

Yeah… idiots! Luckilly, there was an article in a popular daily newspaper about my dolls about a month later and it was very neutral - the journalist did a great job, and made a story about creating such a doll and the various uses (no one mentioned dead babies). That one had a positive impact and there were many nice comments in the online version of the article. And finally I’ve started receiving emails from potential buyers. Maybe I’ll finally sell a doll soon, LOL
But enough about me Did you start receiving more orders than before now that you’ve been featured on TV?

— End quote

I hope you do sell a reborn soon…you deserve to My hubby really had to convince me to do this segment…his thought was that it would bring potential clients. Unfortunately, the news reporter failed to give the audience my contact information…we tried to email her to post it somewhere…but nothing as of yet. Regardless…it was a great opportunity all the way around!

Hugs!
Blanca

It should be enough if they’ve mentioned your name in the segment. Potential buyers can find you through FB or Google your name

I am very pleased with the clip -they are always going to add something about the wirdos as that sells ! But over all a very nice clip !!! YEA you !!!

95% of that clip was GREAT…the weird lady just keeps showing up everywhere these days…but the portion about you in your home, and working with the sculpt, was very positive and very good.
It would be wonderful if all media news about this craft was so good. I for one am glad you decided to do it. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

Hugs,
Blanca

That was great, Blanca! Good for you! I was very happy to see you and watching you work in your kitchen…just like a NORMAL PERSON…not some weirdo or kook that they make us out to be. I loved that you said they are “DOLLS and that is all they are intended to be.” I applaud you for making this about the ART…wonderful!

Hugs,

Karen

Love the segment… I am new at this, but your interview was great and everyone’s comments are correct - it does involve the artistry involved and the time involved in the process.

Congratulations Blanca Great to see a fellow reborner and Coopersvillian on T.V. It was a very nice, well done piece.

Susan

Great interview! You are a pretty lady too! Your babies are lovely!