Just got my newbies

Helen, the cross just doesn’t look right but part of the cross does seem to be in the head shot with the painted hair.

1 Like

I am beginning to think it’s supposed to be there but I just looked up all the pix I could find of real newborns soft spots and even looked up suture lines and couldn’t find anything that showed like this. I have just lost a lot of cash I think…

Helen, I’m so sorry.

Helen, I am almost 100% sure that Hattie was just sculpted that way. It may not be realistic, but there have been plenty of Hattie’s sold, and they were not sold as booboos. I think you could sell your baby as is, and if it really bothers you, cover it up. I’m sure she’ll be beautiful finished, and I see no need to lower the price or sell as a booboo baby. :slight_smile:

Also wanted to add that Hattie was Cassie’s first kit, so I’m sure she was still learning sculpting wise. I have seen a number of unrealistic fontanels on sculpts, and that’s just how it was sculpted.

1 Like

I feel cheated, if unintentionally, and I don’t want anyone else to feel that way. I’m going to try and send her back. Otherwise I’ll put her on the back burner and try for some other solution. Maybe one of the babyish wigs…but I probably wouldn’t like the result. Maybe I could sand it and burnish it… but I’m pretty sure that would look worse than it is. I don’t think I could root it thick enough to cover up that gash. And really, that’s what it looks like. It doesn’t even look like anything I’ve ever seen on a baby. I’ve got to quit obsessing. Thanks for all your help. I’m off to Bible Study to find my good mood. “God mood” :smile:

3 Likes

I feel cheated, if unintentionally, and I don’t want anyone else to feel that way. I’m going to try and send her back. Otherwise I’ll put her on the back burner and try for some other solution. Maybe one of the babyish wigs…but I probably wouldn’t like the result. Maybe I could sand it and burnish it… but I’m pretty sure that would look worse than it is. I don’t think I could root it thick enough to cover up that gash. And really, that’s what it looks like. It doesn’t even look like anything I’ve ever seen on a baby. I’ve got to quit obsessing. Thanks for all your help. I’m off to Bible Study to find my good mood. “God mood” :smile:

If it bothers you that much, you could always resell the kit for around what you paid. For some reason, I don’t mind at all. I’m sure there are others who would be happy to purchase her from you. She seemed like a popular kit when she came out. :slight_smile:

It looks like something Cassie did when she put the fontanel into the clay sculpt. She put a + to center where she would place it but for some reason did not remove the + or smooth it out enough when done.

1 Like

Ok, it is definitely just the way this kit was sculpted. I’m sorry that you were so upset with the way this kit was sculpted. It sucks to pay that much money for a kit and not receive what you expected. :disappointed:

1 Like

Helen. If you are not happy return that kit. I certainly would. I am sure the company would rather have a happy customer than an unhappy one with a fan club. ( you) :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s what i thought too. it looked like alignment markings. I wonder if I could fill them lightly with something. Suggestions my fix-it wizards? i really love Hattie otherwise. Cassie is a great sculptor.

2 Likes

That is seriously god awful. I am never mean… But I am honest. That is just unsatisfactory. I’m sorry. But a return she must be.

1 Like

@jeanhai

I don’t know how long she’s been sculpting, but I’m guessing this may have been one of her first sculpts. Hopefully there is a way you can fill it in, Helen. I don’t have a clue how to do it but I bet someone on here does.

1 Like

Hattie was her first sculpt, from 2012 I think. She’s gotten sooo much better since, you should see her new kits in progress, they are absolutely stunning! Up there with LLE and Bonnie Brown in my opinion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely! I have her LeeLou (not painted yet) and she is amazing. She’s come a long way in three years. I can’t wait until Evelyn is released next year.

2 Likes

Now this one does look like honojane’s kit. Any of the photos I saw did not look this exaggerated or they strategically had a headband which camouflaged this flaw. It’s like they purposely tried to hide this in the photo shoot for the marketing. I would NOT be a happy camper if I had purchased this kit.

2 Likes

Mine looks the same as Helens.

Agree.

I always wondered why such a cute kit didn’t seem to sell well. I would have to tell people about it before they purchased, and anytime you explain any problem, the price goes down. I suppose it didn’t get corrected because it would have been too expensive. I wonder how she feels about it getting produced this way. I really wish I could send her (the doll that is) back. I could use that money for something else.

1 Like