Just born redhead?

Hi there everyone! I hope this isn’t too weird of a question. When I see the red/purple just born babies, I usually see them with brown or blonde hair. I know that people with red hair are usually very fair skinned so I was wondering if just born babies with red hair are born with the reddish/purple skin? An example of what I mean by just born:

Thanks,
Julie

8 Likes

According to the site where I found this photo this baby is a red head. I think it is dark red but the baby looks pretty red to me.

1 Like

Just born and 2 years later
He is a real red head😁
Sorry for the mess in 1st pic, hope it doesn’t disturb anyone.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Your son is adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have 3 red heads and all were born red, my daughter especially was born very reddy purple.

1 Like

I stole these pics from friends on Facebook. The girl in the first pic is grown now and has had red hair from birth.

And this girl belongs to a different friend. This girl is now 11 and has been a red head for as long as I can remember. Her pics look blonde. But I remember us all knowing from the beginning that she was going to be a redhead. So it must have had some red tint that doesn’t show in these pics.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! These responses are very helpful :slight_smile:

I don’t have a photo off hand but my daughter is a redhead and her skin tone is similar to my other 4 children and I didn’t know she would be a redhead until about 2 months, she was born with very light and barely there here that changed.

3 Likes

I just wanted to add that I found this picture on Google:

1 Like