Jupiter by Melody Hess

:joy:that is hilarious :joy:

Look who’s here!
I am happy he’s finally here, but kind of perplex with the profile. Is it just me or it’s weird ? I am not sure if I like it. Face and arms are perfect, legs aren’t proportional (tibia part is too short I think).
It’s my first signed body ! I will definitely buying from sculptors more often !

20220609_214816
20220609_214808

She does have some quirky proportions and profile but the ones I have seen reborn do turn out cute. I got one of her.

2 Likes

I will see, maybe I will like him more when reborned. I hope so, he is supposed to be a keeper :grin:

1 Like

Well you can always put him up for sale if he doesn’t turn out like you had envisioned for your look alike baby.

3 Likes

Real Jupiter has a funny profile. To me the kit actually looks normal.

As for the legs, I often feel like the upper thighs are too short on kits. I think once she’s put together these legs will look perfectly proportioned.
She’s so freaking cute and paints so easily. I’m tempted to buy another one right away. But I feel like I should finish the first one and make sure she sells first.

As for her face, 2 year old Maven isn’t a fan. She took one look and said “what’s up with her face?” :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s mostly the nose that a bit too small I think. And the lower jaw a tad bit too low. Overall it is not too bad, I will have a better feeling after her painting! Now I need to find bright orange mohair :smile:

Some of my kids have tiny noses. Maybe that’s why it looks normal to me.

1 Like

Not in the topic, but I just received Blessing and DenverRose from Marita Winters.
There’s a slight difference in the packaging…

Nikki Johnston

Melody Hess

Marita Winters

I do not say they have to put extras in the box, gifts are always welcome, but not necessary. But just a bit of care in the packing would have been appreciated :smile:

I don’t know by who beginning, Jupiter tempt me, but also JohnJohn and Blessing.

2 Likes

I am not seeing what is wrong with it?

Nothing is wrong really, just some old Ziploc bags with nothing else, no paper, wrapping… It just so at the opposite of the others that I find it funny.

I have sent out kits the same way that I sold so that is why I asked. To me it just fine.

I sure appreciated the diaper that Melody sent with Jupiter. Maven had a stomach bug the other day so I needed a diaper to put on her for her ride home. She’s potty trained so we didn’t have any diapers. Fortunately Jupiter’s diaper was the correct size. So I used it on Maven and will have to buy more for Jupiter. :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh good :smile:

@anjsmiles yes if I sell a kit from my stack I just wrap them in a bag. But as the sculptor, it seems weird to me. Nothing wrong with it, it just a bit deceiving compare to other sculptors. I am not complaining, I got my kits in good shape and that’s all that matters.

1 Like

I will have to pay more attention to how my kits arrive. Pretty sure most of them are just in a plastic bag. I have gotten a diaper with a baby or 2, but rarely any tissue paper or additional stuffing.

4 Likes

I think there’s a difference between a dealer and the original artist, you know? The dealer ship out their various products, as the sculptors ship their own piece of art.
It’s not that important, at least they were in plastic bag to avoid contact with the ink in the box. But there was no note or business card, just a “thank you” on the outside invoice.

2 Likes

I have ordered directly from Natali Blick and Laura Lee Eagles and Emily Jameson and I don’t remember ever getting anything in addition to the kit and COA in a plastic bag? Bobbi Barfoot (TruBorns) usually includes a diaper though.

4 Likes