Jumping on board the Milo Train!

I created my version of Milo, now named Matthew, as a Special Needs baby with Down Syndrome. I had several customers ask me for a doll, or to locate one for them, especially along the lines of Melissa McCrory’s Dravon. Like most of those who have completed a Milo kit, I started with low expectations and then fell in love with him Thanks for taking a peek!

WHOA! This is a McDonald’s pic!!! I super sized it!!! Apologies!

I have a friend whose son has Downs Syndrome. He is the cutest little boy and your Milo looks just like him. Very sweet baby!

And yes, you super sized that pic!

Really great job on him. I like him better than most milos. Wonderful that you did the research to get all the details right. Good luck on your auction!

Nice looking auction… I am one of your “watchers”…

Glad you supersized his photo - what a cute pie Matthew is – and I think it’s wonderful that you’ve made him for someone very special.

DJ, thanks for showing him to us. I don’t think I’ll purchase a Milo, but I am so very impressed with what people have done with him, and I like them all!

Isn’t this funny - so many of us weren’t crazy about Milo when it came out and now we are seeing such cute renditions of him!!! I have a custom order for one and the ones I have been seeing have really done justice to this sculpt. Although ------------------- I haven’t seen it done as a girl. (hint, hint)

Judy

Judy there is a gorgeous Milo girl posted on here not too long ago…she was stunning!!! Search Milo in the top corner I think the title of post was Milo now sammi??? not sure

Love his dark hair and big brown eyes; very cute!

He is adorable, i love his eyelashes!

Thanks all for your kind words; like others, I always feel that my pics don’t and can’t convey how nice a doll is, compared to seeing it in person. I get to watch my almost 2 year old grandson once or twice a week, and I am so afraid that as he gets older that his only memories of me are going to be, “Going to grandma’s creepy house with all those creepy dolls looking at me, and all those creepy painted body parts lined up!” And these are the days I am supposed to be building a lifetime of happy, sweet memories for him??? argh!!!
Blessings,
Bonnie

My grand daughter once asked “Grandma do you chop their heads off or does some one else?” The worst thing about this question is she was not freaked just curious like we chop peoples heads off all the time. God love her she is 3 and her parents have done foster care most of her life and My self and my sister are EMTS, me full time she is part time. My son is a police officer and he and my husband are national guards. Most of the kids friends are fellow officers and I forgot most of us a fire fighters also. Some of our friends work at the Jail also. She just takes it all in stride. LOl She thinks more than half the world wears a uniform. Most of her world does wear a uniform. Someday I want us to have our pics made in our uniforms. Traumas are an everyday occurance and topic of conversation.

Oh Deborah, that is SO stinkin’ funny! She took it all in stride, matter of factly, not batting an eye! Reminds me of the first, and only time, I saw my grandma FULLY prepare a chicken dinner! I honestly thought she only raised chicken on their farm for EGGS! Never being much of a meat eater, I remember passing on the fried chicken but grabbing an extra ear of corn!

— Begin quote from “Windeec”

Thanks all for your kind words; like others, I always feel that my pics don’t and can’t convey how nice a doll is, compared to seeing it in person. I get to watch my almost 2 year old grandson once or twice a week, and I am so afraid that as he gets older that his only memories of me are going to be, “Going to grandma’s creepy house with all those creepy dolls looking at me, and all those creepy painted body parts lined up!” And these are the days I am supposed to be building a lifetime of happy, sweet memories for him??? argh!!!
Blessings,
Bonnie

— End quote

Bake cookies while you are waiting for body parts to cool between layers and build some memories. My granddaughters are 9 and 7 and they think I am the most awesome Mimi in the whole world because I make babies.

I told Caitlyn today that we would go for a walk as soon as I could find the baby’s body… Wondering what Catherine will think when she gets bigger. Caitlyn couldn’t wait to tell on me!

When I have my grandbaby, I never paint and bake. I buy cookies. And I indulge the heck out of him! He is the youngest of my 7 grandchildren, and probably the last baby, so I soak up every second with him. I am even afraid that I will miss something if I blink!
My finished dolls are lined up on the breakfast nook in the Great Room and once in a while an unpainted vinyl body comes to sit as well. I ask Mikey, starting with Doll #1, “Do you want to see my doll?”
"No thank you."
Move to Doll #2: “Do you want to see my doll?”
"NO thank you."
Doll #3: “Do you want to see my doll?”
"NO THANK YOU!!!"
And then he laughs with me. And he gets a store bought cookie!