Jointed Realborn Body

Has anyone used the Realborn jointed body? What did you think of it? I have a problem with the Frog legs on some of the sculpts and I am looking for a body that won’t always look like that. Would the jointed one allow the legs to be turned a bit so the baby wouldn’t always looks so spraddle legged?? Or would it not make a difference? Anybody know??

These are all the realborn jointed body. Is this the one you are talking about? I dont use the normal jointed body unless the kit is bigger (Gabriel, Gena, Ginger, etc)

1 Like

Yes, those are the one’s I am talking about. Do you like them better than the ones that the legs just go straight into? I know these are harder to cover with a diaper etc, but the legs aren’t frogged out either. These look ok to me, Thanks Jenni.

1 Like

Personally yes. Of course it has to be a kit without the full leg with vinyl “hip” (like newer realborns)

I have never done Presley, Asher or Kase but I guess those are 3/4 limbed…

I like that I can move them easier. Only down fall to me is that they move by them selves when you pick up the baby. But I keep them swaddled myself so it isnt too bad on my end. (painting to sell not collect)

@jlesser------please ignore my question above. I don’t know what I was thinking, I would need a body that was for full arms and had a cap at the top of the leg only so the legs would hang straighter. There is no such body on BB’s site. Sorry I goofed up!!

1 Like

Everything you are saying is right Jenni. I know the legs with the “hip” need the sideload body. I wish I could get a body like I described. Oh well, guess I have no choice but to go with those “froggy” looks. Maybe I should stuff the body lighter than I have been doing so it would be more floppy.

1 Like

I have not been having froggy legs since BB went to to the Realborn bodies. I wonder if you are stuffing them too much?
Also be sure you tighten the leg ties enough to keep them from popping out but leave them loose enough that they turn well without resistance.

1 Like

The Realborn bodies are more proportionate and fit better than the BB ones.