I've Stripped My Baby Again

I’m at my wits end. I’m very creative, I can craft anything but there is something about reborning that is throwing me for a loop. I’ve stripped my first baby for the third time and I don’t know where I am going wrong. He just doesn’t look right while in progress so I think I’m messing up. I’m going to work on him this weekend and this time I’m going to see it through to the end. If his/her color is wrong, so be it but I have to get over this fear that I can’t master this because I know I can. Okay…rant over.

Well I been only reborning for almost a year so I’m still new an have a lot to learn what I found was my paint were not thin enough try doing thin layers I always made my paint to thick so it looked over painted kinda like a milky consistency Im not sure if that will help but that was my biggest problem doing the layers to thick now I do them thin an if I need to I go back an do another layer you will get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very new to this as well, but I made sure that my paint was very thin when I applied it. As you apply more paint to the kit the color will build and become more noticeable. If my color complexion became too orangey/red, I would do a few Earth Mint washes to tone down the colors (which helped a lot). I plan to post pics of what my doll looks like painted. There are a few mistakes that I made along the way, but it is a learning experience and I know what not to do the next time around. I even did a Yellow Ochre wash to “liven” it up when I thought that it needed it. Just take your time, remember “thin paint” and I’m sure that you will do great! Best of Luck to You!!!