Item being returned-UPDATE

I sold a kit to someone who has decided she doesn’t want it because the nose was opened. I have no problem with that. I bought the kit a long time ago and didn’t really remember doing that, but I’m sure I did. Other than that, the kit was never touched. I did not deceive her and I told her when she returns the kit I’ll refund her money. She has now filed a PayPal claim against me and she’s asking me to start a return on PayPal so she can enter the tracking number. I’ve never heard of this and I don’t even know how to do it. Is there some reason she can’t enter a tracking number unless I start a return before I get the doll back? This doesn’t feel right to me, but it might be because I’m unfamiliar with this process. I’ve only ever had one other item returned when it got damaged in shipping. She sent it back, I sent the refund. Done. No problem. I don’t know quite what to make of this.

1 Like

Just respond to the PP claim; I think you need to go through PP for both of your protection.
I never actually did do a refund as seller, but that is how it works from the buyer perspective.

I would have not been pleased if I got “untouched” kit with nose opened, but if it was a good deal I would probably just dealt with it.

1 Like

I agree with you Ludmila, but it wasn’t done intentionally and I’m very willing to accept the return and refund her money. She knew this and filed a PayPal claim against me anyway. My concern is that she’ll be refunded by PayPal and I won’t get my kit back.

2 Likes

I would call paypal… that doesn’t sounds right… she needs to start the case, send the kit back with tracking, then paypal refunds her (from your money) At least that is the way I understand it

1 Like

It’s going through PayPal now, but our prior communications were through PMs. I have no problem refunding her (which I told her) but I want my kit, with the body and COA returned to me first. When you return anything anywhere else, you have to give it back before you get a refund. Why should this be any different? I don’t know how to “start a return” as she is wanting me to do.

1 Like

If you agreed to the return all she had to do was mail it back and give you the tracking.No need to involve filing a claim.Sometimes I think these people do the claim hoping to keep stuff and get the money back also.

That’s what I’m afraid of. It’s a long sold out, hard to come by, LE kit with body and COA.

1 Like

Is the correct way paypal protects both parties, the same fear that you have of making the refund and that your kit is not returned to you, the buyer has to return the kit and the money is not reimbursed.

1 Like

I understand that but the money is now on hold with PayPal so there’s no reason for her to not return the kit.

1 Like

I went through that with a seller until I confirmed the paypal shipping I freeze the money, when I confirmed then they returned my money.

Forgive my english, I’m using a translator.

1 Like

I would suggest you go through the PP claim process. The claim should come up in your account. Select it and the next step should pop up to accept the return or not. Select the option that the item has already been shipped. Then the claim goes back to the buyer to respond with the tracking number that she is sending the item on. Then it will go back to you to confirm once you have received the item back. I believe there is a 10 day time frame in which each person has to respond to each phase of the claim. Go slowly and make sure you are selecting the correct options.

2 Likes

Nothing comes up in PayPal to accept the return or not but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. The item has not been shipped and I have no tracking number. I’m going to call PayPal in the morning.

It used to be that you could open PP dispute anytime later, and enter the tracking, but I saw recently somewhere on the eBay forum that now it all has to be done in certain way. It also differs here and in America. Why don’t you ask about it on American eBay forum? There are people who are up to date with all the info and will tell you how to handle it correctly.

Do not return money until you get your item back. People have shipped back trash and just because the tracking number says the package came to you e-bay returns the money. That is why i do not sell on e-bay. Friend sent a beautiful reborn. Buyer sent back an old thrift store doll. Her money was returned and she kept the doll and sold it on another site. My friend fought for over a year and never got the doll or the money back.

1 Like

I have to disagree! Buying stuff on forums there is no “guarantee” on either sides. If I received something that was not as described, I would let the seller know I’m returning. You must go back through PP to make sure the Seller is going to return funds. I wouldn’t send something back w/o CYA!!! Let’s say I sent the kit back and the seller could easily say “I never received the package” Now I’m out of Kit and Money. I think the person was smart to make sure they were protected. I don’t think it was malicious. If they have to give PP tracking nothing is fishy about that. PP is there for protection on both the buyer and seller side.

1 Like

Did she say she wasn’t returning the kit? The money is on hold for a period of days until the transaction is complete. Once your kit is shipped, you have to receive your box back before funds will be released. So you will get to inspect your box first before PP release funds. You should be ok. :heart:

This has nothing to do with eBay. We seem to both be in the same boat. She wants her money back and I want my kit, and everything that goes with it, back. She said she will return the kit but wants me to ‘start a return’ so she can enter the tracking number (whatever that means) on PayPal before she does. The money is on hold and the doll has not been shipped. I don’t have a tracking number and I’m reluctant to say it’s been shipped without it. I have no problem giving her a refund.

I know. That’s why I asked for help with this. I feel uneasy.

1 Like

Have you contacted PayPal?

From my understanding of how PayPal transactions work, when a friend of mine had to go through this with a seller, she said PP had to get in contact with the seller first, and the seller had to Initiate the acceptance of the return. Similar to of it was a transaction on eBay…if I wanted to return on eBay, I would contact seller first, if we get nowhere, I would ask eBay to step in. Then before I shipped out, eBay made the seller refund me, and they issued me a return label. So I think both of you guys are trying to protect yourselves, and it’s a misunderstanding. I would just reach out to PayPal and have them help!!!