Issues with a kit

Hello Ladies,

About a week or two ago I ordered a Realborn Joseph Asleep kit - it’s such a gorgeous sculpt - from Bountiful Baby’s eBay page and as I’m in the UK it arrived really quickly and the kit was in mint condition which I was over the moon with as I’ve ordered a few kits recently from other suppliers and they’ve been damaged or simply unusable :slightly_frowning_face:

Anyway, I have applied a few neutralizing layers to this kit, they’re simple mixes containing flesh 08, a touch of flesh 03 to warm the vinyl up a little and a reasonable amount of titanium white.
I applied this mix in one layer, let it dry, applied another and then I left the kit to dry overnight.
In the morning, I looked at Joseph’s head and there are these random yellow marks on the head, kind of like the Genesis yellow paint has been rubbed in various areas - the paint mix I formulated didn’t have any additional Genesis yellow in it other than the yellow that I am presuming is mixed into flesh 08 or 03.

I’m confused, I panicked because I thought I had done something wrong but I have no clue as to how any of it appeared - I’ve attached a few pics to show you what it look like, it’s on the head, around one of the eyes, lips and then on the neck and flange part of the vinyl.

Does anyone know what I should do? I have tried stripping the head with thinners and it’s already too stained so I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do other than wait for BB’s response to my message that I sent on eBay.
I can’t purchase a replacement head either because they no longer seem to stock it on the website which is a pain because the limbs are absolutely fine and I don’t want to have to buy another five piece kit if the head is the issue :frowning:

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Thank you ladies! - Cate

My Gracie kit as some random bright yellow discolorations on it after painting the inside of the nose with Q.crimson. I know good and well that there was no yellow near that nostril. We are not the first to have had this problem recently :confused:

It’s a real shame because I love this kit and I too haven’t used and yellow paint either, I used GHSP lip/blush/nail by BB on the lips, eyes and ears and all of those areas are stained :frowning:

I don’t believe it’s the paint reacting because neither of the paint mixes have ever done that for me in the past when I’ve done the same thing with other BB sculpts

In the pics it doesn’t look too bad. You may be able to neutralize it if you can’t get a replacement. It definitely doesn’t look like paint staining.

I would email them pictures and have them replace the head. Even if it’s not on the website they should have them for this reason

I have sent them a message on eBay already,
I don’t think they respond to messages during the weekend but I’ll see what they say in the week - I would much rather have a new head rather than purchasing an entire kit again as it cost a lot for me to import it into the UK and I don’t need the extra limbs either.

Hopefully we’ll be able to sort something out on Monday when they’re working again so I can get back to painting this kit haha

I hope they make it right for you :). They have great customer service :grin:

Thank you dear, as a matter of fact, they’ve just responded to my eBay message and will send me a new head ASAP :slight_smile:

I really appreciate BB, I hate asking for replacements but I want every baby I make to be perfect and something that I’m proud of in the end. They’ve sold many kits to me and this has happened twice out of the multiple times I’ve purchased from them so I know it’s a rarity but it’s all good now haha :):laughing:

Yay!!! See that?! And so quickly! I’m happy for you and now you can make that cute little kit soon. They are so great and I’m sure they want to make sure we are happy with our Reborns :slight_smile:

Thank you again dear, I’m sure they do, I love their kits and have bought many over the past couple of years or so, I can’t wait to finish him or her haha

definitely looks like there’s a problem with the vinyl

BB said they would send me a new head ASAP and I really appreciate that :heart:

I don’t know why it was that color, especially when I hadn’t even used yellow paint but it’s all sorted now and I’ll just use the stained head to practise rooting maybe haha

Great! BB has great customer service.