ISO: Older BB kits

I am wanting to purchase some of the older BB kits. I know that they are still in stock, but I figured that I would check here first. I have really grown to like 3/4 limbs and these kits are proving to be excellent sellers. I am most interested in Kate, Gena, Leah, and Jewel. I will consider heads only as well :slight_smile:

I love the older 3/4 kits too. Do you have troubles with the arms and legs going in circles? Is there a way to prevent the joints from doing that? Jewel is one of my favorites. :slight_smile:

I have not found a way to limit the mobility of the dolls. I do under-stuff the limb ends so that they car raise their arms and be scrunched up or relaxed when posing. I think that I am going to do a bunch of these older babies for the Hummingbird Festival in Hogansville, GA. There are lots of antiques and furniture vendors, so I know at least some people come planning to spend $$$. I don’t expect to sell a lot of them, but it will be fun since it is a local craft fair that has a pretty big draw from the surrounding area, including the school district where I teach.

You can tighten the joints with a pair of pliers. Just squeeze them together, through the fabric, before stuffing and assembly. The joint posts have locking ridges on them so try to only go down one ridge at at time, first one side of the circle, then the other. You’ll hear it snap. If they’re too tight they won’t turn.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I had a lady ask me if she could tighten the joints after she got her baby without taking it apart and I had no idea.She said she tightly wrapped small rubber bands around the top of the arm where it joined to the body and was extremely happy with them.Not sure how long that would last but she never contacted me back about that one and even ordered more of my babies.

Oh MYYYY!! Of all the dolls I’ve sold with swinging limbs. I didn’t know :frowning: TY Jean!!

I think you’re going to do Great!!! A big hit for sure! :hugs::sparkling_heart: