Isaac's Creasing -- Need some honest feedback!

I finally started Isaac’s creasing this morning! It took a couple of false starts, but I’m feel like maybe I’m doing good. Certainly I need more practice, lol, but the color looks good in person. I’m not a fan of red creasing, so I went with a mix of Raw Sienna and Prisma Violet (not prisma pencils, that’s the paint name).

Am I on the right track? Is the creasing too subtle? Not subtle enough? (Please ignore the cakey paint, lint, and cat hairs :rofl: ) In the legs pictures, the top leg is creased, the bottom isn’t.

9 Likes

I think it’s really nice creasing!

1 Like

Thank you! He’s my first reborn, so he’s my poor trial and error baby.

2 Likes

That’s so exciting to be making your first baby! It’s very addicting:)

1 Like

That’s a very natural crease color. Looks good to me.

1 Like

I love your color mix great alternative to red! Looks good to me.

1 Like

Looks nice and natural

1 Like

I would darken it - but it could just be my phone because I dont see much crease color like the other ladies seem to.

There isn’t much. I did it very lightly and pounced the heck out of it with those disposable eye shadow applicators. I was trying for something barely noticeable, but I wasn’t sure if it was just too invisible.

Subtle, nice.

I am a person who lays that paint on layer after layer, Like to see the paint, nice and gaudy, but there is something very pretty and soft about subtle painting.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I think it needs to be a bit darker. Also those nostrils are a bit too dark.

Yeah, the nostrils are a mess, lol. They’re very flakey-looking, too. I didn’t get the primer coat of matte medium in there as well as I thought I had so the paint only stuck in little spots. I made it much, much worse by putting seven hundred more layers in to try to even it out. I’m going to remove the paint in there, clean it, and try the primer again. I have to do the same to the ears – right now the poor little guy looks like he’s got a weird creeping earwax problem, lol.

1 Like