Is this too much mottling?

1 Like

To be honest, I would say that you were a bit too zealous with the mottling. I don’t know if several thin layers of flesh would tone it down, but you could try. This is a hard concept to master, and lighter is better.

2 Likes

That depends. If it’s one of your first layers it will become more muted as you go. If it’s close to the final layers it’s probably a little too dark in some spots but I don’t think it’s too much.

I would say yes… Did u bake yet?

1 Like

I was doing two dolls at the same time and the other one looks a lot better, no idea why they are so different lol

Try using a ripped sponge and so 2 layers or flesh colors. Then proceed with a few flesh layers that you do in your usual way.

1 Like

Mint wash:-) it’s a life saver!

2 Likes

Both dolls together

2 Likes

If you haven’t baked yet you could try dry rubbing the mottling with a makeup sponge to blend and tone it down. A green wash will still likely be needed. If you’ve baked you will probably either need to strip and restart or do many mint washes.

The other baby looks good, maybe the red one got most of the paint. I had that problem too, everything must be thin layers and mix the paint every time you reload your brush or sponge.

3 Likes

I don’t have any green paint. I am trying some flesh layers, otherwise I’ll strip and re-do. Yes it was baked a couple times since

If you have yellow and blue, you can mix your own green.

2 Likes