Is this a Rosebud doll? SOLVED

My sister sent me this doll and it looks like a Rosebud doll to me. Anyone?

@mcnair6 might know?

1 Like

I looked for the “Rosebud” logo on the back of the head but the only notation is (made in USA). It’s probably a knockoff but it is vintage.

1 Like

Reminds me of Tiny Tears

1 Like

She does look like Tiny Tears.
I have a vintage crochet pattern for Rosebud doll that is 10-inches in length so I was wondering if it would work with this doll. I think it would.

1 Like

Make sure you measure her first :innocent: I just redressed my Tiny Tears from her sunsuit into a frilly dress. She looks so cute, Lol

1 Like

I am going to make the crochet set for mine (definitely will take measurements and adjust as needed). I will post a pic of her in her new outfit when I am done

2 Likes

If it’s unmarked it’s most likely a Chinese/knock off version. The hair looks a little off to me. She’s adorable any which way though! The 1950’s was my favorite time period for dolls. I’m a big sucker for Boopsie myself and have way way too many of them. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Steffany!

Solved!

This doll is an Irwin doll probably manufactured after 1947 as it is made of next generation material after celluoid that is non-flammable. It is American. The history of the Irwin doll company is very interesting; during WW2, they used recycled radiology film to make their celluoid dolls because other materials were reserved for the war effort. People crocheted clothing for these dolls and I am going to do that too!

8 Likes

So cool!

1 Like