Is he too light please?

I was going for a light golden AA skintone but I’m not sure if he is a bit too light? We all come in beautiful different colours and shades so I’m thinking he is fine and it’s just my lack of confidence making me doubt myself again.

the last pic is my arm, I’m caucasian but have a liver condition so I’m slightly jaundice or a Simpson character as my daughter likes to say :joy:. The last pic was taken last night so a bit darker as well.

3 Likes

He looks caucasian to me. I like the tone you have. What sculpt is this?

1 Like

can you see how darker he is than me in this pic better? He is long sold out Atticus Eagles

1 Like

He looks nice but wouldn’t say he looks AA.

4 Likes

Thank you, I will keep doing layers until he is darker :blush:

I would say he is “European glow”. It’s a skin tone that some people try really hard to get. I always end up with this color I can’t seem to do anything else no matter how hard I try, LOL.

If you want to do AA, you need some shading. Kate Charles tutorial is great for help with AA skin.

3 Likes

I have her tutorial already. I dont want a dark AA on him. I have done this on my Laura lee Eagles Fairy that I have though :blush:. I want the orange glow lol, I’m going for what my future grand babies will probably be as my daughter is very pale and ginger and her bf is black from African parents. I keep saying they will be dark skinned with a ginger afro and she tells me off :joy:.
I have done a few more layers on him and I’m just doing some details before I take some more pics. Still need to get him eyes, but last time I couldn’t find good quality brown eyes, I prefer the laucher eyes (spelt wrong)

1 Like

Ah, then I would say mission accomplished. He’s beautiful.

Thank you :blush:

By the way for darker babies I use raw umber with some blue mixed in and 03 skin tone. I use genesis I should say. I also do layers of blue, purple and pyrrole red 02 as well as the normal mottling layers ect :blush:

1 Like

I’m thinking brown eyes and I will see if he sells bald otherwise I will add hair. He will get brows and lashes tomorrow and then I just need to order his eyes.

1 Like

You baby can be whatever color that pleases you!
I am sorry sometimes saying that you are wanting an AA ski tone is misleading. I think you just wanted a darker skinned AA baby as you are right we all come in different skin tones, eye color and hair color. Some people don’t like dark skin with light hair and blue eyes. But unfortunately for them it does exist.
FYI

AfricanParents

darkskinlteyes

darkskinlthair

Not my pic, but this Andres Reborn is awesome!

4 Likes

Yes I just wanted him darker than caucasian. I was watching paternity court the other day and there was the most gorgeous baby on it. He had such beautiful dark skin and a ginger afro! The man was the father and almost fell over from shock as he was convinced the father must be caucasian due to the ginger afro.
I looked at pics on Google and loved the paler skin with the dark brown eyes babies. The lighter skin tone really made the eyes pop so that is what I’m going to go for. I have not rooted for so long I worry I will mess him up but I’m not confident in my painted hair either.
I’m trying to get a few reborns finished off and sold before I move so there is less clutter as my kids call my craft supplies lol

2 Likes

That reminds me of a little girl I had at daycare. She had a mother with a dark African skintone and a father with a light Caucasian skintone. The girl had the facial features of her mother, but the light skin tone and white-blonde straight hair of her father! I love how genetics can work like that.

2 Likes

@Bethany your baby was a nice color in the first pic and just as nice in the last one! Can’t wait to see the finished baby. :smile:

@deedee2413 I have Andres and hope to paint her as pretty as that one.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

The doll in the last picture reminded me my hubby when he was a child. He has no hair now :wink:, but he is black with light skin tone and dark brown eyes (picture was taken at IDTS 2019).

5 Likes

Nice looking man! Reminds me of my family! Cute baby and outfit! Love seeing Men with the Reborn babies. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Anne! Both of my man were very popular when I left them at lounging area :rofl:
They both my keepers!

2 Likes

Your husband is very handsome! The pic with little Avatar Jospeh together is too precious! :smile:

1 Like