Is Clyde a Girl?

Very true and very appreciated…

Thanks ckn…she is a cute kit to start with…here she is with hair…just finished rooting it…lol (bit messy but I will tidy it up when I do proper photos of her…(photos are a bit basic but anyway…)

Still got little hope to root hair on and I am done for the week…Yayyyyyy

Thank you again all you lovely ladies for your advice and help…I will let you know what the new mom has to say when I send photos of Clydette to her…(

4 Likes

Well she looks fantastic, Star :wink: That hair is lovely as is the painting. I’m sure her new mommy will be absolutely thrilled! :heart:

They’re both beautiful baby girls x

1 Like

Thanks ladies…very appreciated BUT…what do you think about Denver Rose as a boy? I kinda think it makes a cuter boy (granted I am partial to boys having had 3 sons…)

4 Likes

I love her as a girl, but I can definitely see boy too x

Oh my goodness! Beautiful as always. I think Clyde is definitely more of a boyish sculpt but works well as a girl as youve done it :wink:

They are both beautiful! I think your Clydette is the prettiest that I’ve seen. I do think Denver Rose looks more girly to me but could make a cute boy too!

She’s a pretty little girl!

I think Denver Rose can definitely be a Boy!! In fact I think this one looks more like a boy than it does a girl. Clydette looks real cute as a girl but I can still see a boy there too, but the new mom can make that call cause if she wants a girl she is probably going to see a Girl!!! BTW how in the world do you root so quickly??? Both of those babies are beautiful!!!

1 Like

They’re both adorable! I can’t believe how fast you rooted those heads!

2 Likes

I can see girl or boy with this one. Lovely

Starr… Boy or girl they are gorgeous!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:kiss:

Thank you so much ladies…You are all the best ever…I seriously mean that…Always give good advice and compliments…Always make people feel very good inside! Thank you truly for taking the time to look and comment…Very appreciated…VERY!

Heehee, I use to take about 8 hours when I first started years ago but probably because I have done so many over the years…a newborn head only takes about an hour to root so other than physical strain on my neck and back, I could do quite a few in a day if I had too…lol I literally hate rooting hair though so that was another motivation to learn to do it well but get it over with quickly…I don’t profess to be the best hair rooter in the world - far from it - but I do try and give a good quality job…I rooted 3 heads today…I did little Hope as well…funny, her head is so tiny but it still took me as long as the bigger ones…The vinyl was harder but also with the tiny ones you have to root a bit closer together…

Still waiting for the glue to dry and will assemble them…

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine doing a couple of heads a day!!! I wish!!! It takes me a week of rooting constantly and I don’t usually even do that so it takes me a lot longer. I need to come to your house Starr so I can take lessons from you!!!

2 Likes

Me, too, Lynn. :slight_smile:

Please…please…please do! We would have a blast…
I’ll tell you the secret…it is HATRED for the task but knowing you have to do it that speeds me along…I have always been like that…If I hate something I get it out of the way…I am a bit of a perfectionist but not fully (or I would be doing the really beautiful rooting like some of the pros…lol) so I like to do a nice job but it is one of those - ‘get’ er done’ sort of things with me…lol
I have always been like that my whole life…if hate something but have to do it, I do it either first or as quickly as I can to get it over with.
When I was a kid, we would be invited out a lot to eat a other peoples houses and my parents always told us that no matter where we went we were to always eat whatever was put on our plates…well we went to this one house and they had a big get together there and they had squash casserole as one of their veggies. They made up all the kids plates and gave them to us…I just about died because I hated squash casserole (love it now,lol) anyway…to keep from gagging I would put it in my mouth hold my nose and swallow followed by a big gulp of water…I hurried through it so that I could enjoy the rest of my meal…Anyway, the guy that was sort of over it all was walking around with pans of food in his hand and offering seconds to everyone…he came to me and looked at my plate and yelled out…hey look, the girl loves squash casserole - give that girl some more - as he plopped another large serving on my plate…I just about cried…I looked at my mom with a very pitiful look and she winked at me and whispered that I didn’t have to eat it…Whew…what a relief…To this day, I do the same with most everything…If I don’t like to do it but it has to be done I sort of plough through it to get it over with…same with hair rooting…lol :smile:

5 Likes

I love that story!!! Lolololol

1 Like

That’s not only a great story but it’s great advice as well!!! I only do one doll at a time and I make myself get the rooting done before I start to paint another one. Keeps me in check.

1 Like

This is one of the pics I sent to the new mom to be…she emailed back with this.

“Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Can’t wait till she gets here.”

What a relief…This was one I was just a little worried about…but alls well that ends well…thanks again ladies for all your advice and comments…

6 Likes

Congratulations on a job well done!!! It must be such a relief to know that the new Mom loves her. So happy for you Starr.