Is Anyone Else Bothered By Tibby's Head? Please Share Your Tibby

hi Sony, I used to put a sock with heated rice inside the heads when I first began to reborn back in 2008 but now I find once I get going with the rooting the needle seems to heat up from the friction. I’m not a ‘one hair at a time rooter’ so I don’t know if the needles heat up with that type of rooting. hugs, Gail

I found it on Ebay. That was many years ago. Can’t remember the seller. Thanks for your kind comment!

1 Like

Thank you Jean!

I love your Tibby. Can you tell me where you purchased your wig?

Oh may lord she is beautiful!

1 Like

Oh my dolly… what an adorable Tibby. Little Bo Beep. Beautiful wig as well.

1 Like

This is a beautiful Tibby! I love the way 10 or more people can do the same kit and yet they all look so different! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love her in this wig it makes her look like a baby Snow White

3 Likes

Very pretty!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

I found that on ebay and I’m pretty sure it came from China. That was a long time ago. Thank you for your kind comment. hugs, gail

2 Likes

I have not painted my Tibby yet but since I was frustrated by her unusually long arms and strange shoulders, I pulled and shortened the cloth part of her arms. She looked like a body builder at first. :joy::joy::joy:

Adjustments need to be made on most of the BB bodies to make them fit properly. (Except for the Realborn ones)

3 Likes

I will try to show this with a photo. I am ‘re-doing’ a Tibby and discovered the problem with the arms-shoulder-body issue. I solved this by using an armature where the cloth part of the arm is scrunched up over the armature and used very, very fluffy polyfil around the plastic to make it feel soft.

I’m not a reborner per se, but I’ve done my fair share of restoring and repairing on dolls. So, I’m by no means an expert with reborns.

To me, at least. She looks fine once she has some clothes on… but again, I’m no where near an expert and those with more experience may see it differently. No one will hurt my feelings to point out I’ve done a less than stellar job.

6 Likes

It looks fine to me.

1 Like

Well done. She looks good. That body looks more normal

1 Like

Oh, and as the OP had mentioned… she does have a spacious forehead. I have Peggy Sue wig by Monique wigs. She looks just find with it and once I have the faceup done and her head back on the body I will post a photo.

2 Likes

I’m new to this forum. When I saw the topic of Tibbys forehead I wanted to comment. I made my Tibby with a synthetic wig as I’m just learning about rooting.

I’m a little scared to starry rioting. Yikes.

Hugs,
DJ :two_hearts::paw_prints::two_hearts::footprints:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Do you have a picture of this finished Tibby?