Irritating person

How do you deal with irritating people messaging you, I had a lady enquire about buying my Amy, I told her it has just sold and she asked if I could do another, I explained the kit is sold out in the UK plus I’m a new artist and don’t do customs, she ignored that and asked if I could do one similar!! She said she is not too fussy just wants a sleeping girl with rooted hair, again I explained I don’t do customs and told her I was currently painting a lane kit which has closed eyes and rooted hair but she didn’t like the features, I ignored that reply then got another messaging begging me to make her a reborn and how does it work, does she put a deposit down and pick her kit!!
AGAIN I explained I do not do customs and how I like to just choose kits and paint to see how they turn out with no pressure from customers, she said she totally understands but would not pressure me and would wait to hear back from me (banging my head on the wall at this point) I have ignored that message however now she just keeps trying to get my attention by sending a thumbs up or changing the colours of the FB chat or sending emojis !!! I don’t want to block her and be rude but she is not listening, how can I get it through to her?

5 Likes

Let her know that you will be posting any of your finished babies for sale at X location and she’s more than welcome to purchase when finished. Or direct her to beautiful babies on Reborns.com. She might not speak English well so is not understanding or maybe she doesn’t understand the idea of custom work vs not custom work

4 Likes

I did tell her I would post finished babies on my page which she follows, I don’t think there is an English problem she communicates clearly, she even told me she lives in the next county so could come collect a reborn in person!! She is very sweet and I feel bad saying no bit I don’t want to be pressured into doing a custom for her just to stop her hassling me when I’m not ready for customs (I don’t ever want to do them anyway)

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s not sweet. It’s pushy. And unnerving as well.

4 Likes

Just give her a final message and repeat it over and over and hopefully she will get the hint.
“ I am not currently doing custom orders, I will be in touch if I have something available, thank you :)” and then reply with that and hopefully they won’t keep bugging you.

4 Likes

Thank you, I will try that message and see if she gets the hint x

1 Like

No choice but to block. I had the same experience with someone last year and had to block them.

2 Likes

I’d be even more direct than “not currently doing customs”. I’d just says “ I don’t accept orders. Thank you.” and post just that every time she asks.

3 Likes

I will be more direct next time she asks, right now she is just trying to get my attention cause I’m ignoring her but have not heard from her in a few hours so fingers crossed she has taken the hint :smirk:

1 Like

I’ve been getting similar messages lately.
All you can do is keep repeating yourself untill your understood. Leave more and more time between each message before replying and she may just get bored waiting to hear back from you and look elsewhere. hate blocking people but you might not have a choice if it doesn’t stop.

1 Like