Introducing "Tootie", New Clown Prototype reborn by Sarah Mellman!

I don’t like how they went outside of the outline, either. Makes me wonder how it looks if it was painted differently.
I don’t know how old Kelly is, but she is probably younger than most BB sculptors. So that would explain the less detailed hands.

I personally quite like the entire look. It’s not a realistic baby, but I still think it could be very cute.

2 Likes

I see a clown challenge in our future. That would be fun.

7 Likes

Def not a fan of this one, especially the sculpted shoes. I am confused by this one. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can’t wait to see your version !

1 Like

I’m very excited for something cool and new like this!! I think the whole thing is so different and exciting and I love it so much!!

2 Likes

I love the booted feet! Pair those feets with a human kit, I’m getting some major Annie Oakley vibes there!

1 Like

Right, these don’t look like clown shoes to me.
These look like Victorian style button up boots.

1 Like

The clown face does remind me of an old, sad male clown of like the old times. It doesn’t fit I don’t think, in a doll and or baby situation. I do like those that make the regular reborns into clowns, as it does translate better.

1 Like

I kindve love this though :heart_eyes: it’s sad clown face is so cute. Nothing against the prototype artist, but I like the blank kit better.

1 Like

Since there are 3, I bet one is happy. With a trio it makes sense to give them different moods.

2 Likes

I am so happy BB is thinking outside the box. At one time they were only concentrating on babies. I can’t wait to see what they come up with next. Clown Challenge - I’m in.

5 Likes

I hope so! :wink:
She is not my cup of tea and I am sure the other 2 wont be either but a challenge does sound fun

Jodie Lombardo sells a wig tutorial… :wink:

3 Likes

Are there?

1 Like

Oh, more coming.

1 Like

They really seemed to ignore the lines on the face and just did their own thing!
I think in this case the prototype looks nothing like artists’ visions that will draw inspiration from the kit itself.

I’m looking forward to seeing the trio done by different artists. Fun, cute and completely different. :clown_face:

3 Likes

That’s why I’m not liking it, because you can see the lines that weren’t painted or whatever.

2 Likes

PASS pass pass a roo :clown_face:

4 Likes

What about avatar baby

But that’s exactly what makes Sarah’s version special. She did NOT go with the sculptor’s vision. She went her own way and created something totally out of the box. This shows other artists not to limit their ideas to the sculptor’s vision. Sarah did this with the alien Imani kit too. She made it a fairy. Now, because of her, other artists will consider the kit for fairies too.

Sarah also wholly supports when the prototype artists she chooses go outside the box too. I ran my skunk idea by her for the Hans kit. She was glad I saw something besides a hedgehog. And one of the Anna Banana monkey kits was made as a troll by one of the prototype artists. And I know of one of the avatar prototypes that the artist is making into a different kind of creature instead of an avatar. And the vampling kits that are coming out soon, I know some of the prototype artists who are doing some of them and are seeing things besides vampires. And for my next prototype I am already planning a creature not of the sculptor’s vision. And on another prototype I’ll be doing in a few months the sculptor kinda made it a blank slate that we will have to come up with our own visions for. Whatever the prototype artists come up with will be a starting place for other artists’ visions. It will inspire them to see beyond the lines. Coloring in the lines has never been considered creative anyway. :wink:

4 Likes

I can say my eyes are drawn to the unpainted lines of the sculpt. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with it and why it looked like that, until I looked at the kit.

3 Likes