Introducing 2 New Realborns! Bryson Asleep and Christopher Awake

Yes. Christopher asleep and Canon are adorable. I also love Pearl.

2 Likes

Oh of course how could I forget Pearl. She’s my very favorite except for those eye wrinkles

5 Likes

I like Kelsey

3 Likes

I thought the eye wrinkles were what made her unique?

I for one am IN LOVE with the lips on Bryson! That was the first thing that drew me to him! I am definitely going to want that baby kit!

Ya’ll need to remember you are criticizing someone’s real baby’s features when you say things looking cartoonish. It could partially be due to the way they were painted on this particular rendition,

5 Likes

What’s more important? Unique or authentic? If they are advertised as duplicates of the real baby, they should be as close to the real baby as possible. Real Pearl doesn’t have those wrinkles on her eyelids. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

While that is true the kits details are exaggerated compared to the scans. So real baby scan yes, but tweaked a bit.

7 Likes

Nope! Not criticizing the real baby at all. I’m criticizing the fact that they look like cartoons instead of the real babies. Real Christopher is absolutely adorable. But why to the corners of the lips need to turn up? That’s not a natural look.

This is what I see when I look at all these kits with the corners of the lips turned up. :woman_facepalming:t2:
These babies are adorable and they don’t need their natural expressions altered.

9 Likes

I am in no way criticizing the real baby. Look at the sculpt and look at the real baby. The scans and expressions are altered.

10 Likes

Following :grinning:

3 Likes

I see what you are saying about the turned up mouth corners. I do wonder if it is that prominent on the blank kits or not. Things can be enhanced when painted. I just think it is still a sensitive subject when you are talking about a rendition of someone’s actual baby.

1 Like

Prominent on the blank kit too. And I would think the parents would understand that we are saying the kits should look more like the real babies. If I was one of the parents I would be offended if they altered my baby.

3 Likes

I think if you notice a lot of the Denise Pratt kits have that type of mouth (turned up corners) I don’t care for it, it doesn’t look natural at all. I don’t purchase any like that. JMO

4 Likes

Why do they need to be altered at all? The real babies are all just as cute as can be so why change them? What’s wrong with the real deal?

5 Likes

I mean… I love the joker and Steven Tyler But they are kinda weird made into babies. :wink:

6 Likes

However, like the painting and rooting that goes into them, there’s artistic license that goes into the kit making process as well. Although they use scans of the babies, they also have to decide which expression to use and which features to exaggerate.
The parents agree to letting them use their child’s likeness. It may not always be exacting or flattering, but how upset can they be when they’ve already signed off on it?

2 Likes

I might buy Bryson and have my own Benjamin button Steven Tyler baby!!!

2 Likes

I’m ok with a bit of an upturned mouth. It reads as pleasent.

1 Like

Why do they need to choose features to exaggerate at all though?

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t2: Because it’s a marketable product at the end of the day. They probably can’t get it exact and hope the exaggerated features helps with sales. Idk. If customers demand dolls without exaggerated features and don’t buy sculpts that do, BB may have to listen to that. It surprises me that they are so transparent about the process. They could just crank them out and leave the real babies up to the imagination.

2 Likes