Inexpensive idea

Maybe this will interest someone… I bought this garland at Walmart yesterday for $5. The flowers are all flat so I bought them to take apart and put on each tissue wrapped outfit for a beautiful box opening. Which I will still be doing. But when I opened the package they popped right up into a cute flower. Wouldn’t they be cute glued to a headband?!! They are fabric.

17 Likes

those are super, good find they should look great on a headband.

2 Likes

Those are so pretty and what a great idea- I love it!

1 Like

You could get some elastic or lace and make a whole set; headband and barefoot sandals. That would be really cute. Something like this

This one’s really pretty with the lace

5 Likes

That is a fantastic idea! I only bought one, I think I need to make another Walmart run.

2 Likes

What department did you find them in? I’ve never seen anything like that at our Walmart.

1 Like

I stumbled on it. They now have a nice section of wedding items in an aisle by crafts. It has the organza bags favor box etc. ours is set up office supplies then crafts then fabrics, then wedding then yarn.

1 Like

I’m going to check there next time I go. I bought some of the flowers on the lace band from thehairbowcompany.com for 27 cents each. They have a limited selection of colors, though. They’re out of a lot of them.

1 Like

Now that’s a great deal .27! I only noticed this peachy color at ours but could have had another color I am not sure. I found a peach newborn left over Easter lace dress while I was there too for $7. But I never have to remind a reborner to check the Baby section :rofl:

They would make an adorable headband :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thought I would share my process. Would love to see other people’s as well! This customer has bought numerous reborns from many different sellers. I chose to not do the traditional baby style like I usually do because I wanted her to receive something a bit different and a bit more grown up.
First I line my box with plastic

Then I line it with gift wrap paper
I place in my baby all wrapped, I always recycle the ribbon that comes on the blanket when I but it at Ross or Marshals

Then goes all the goodies

This is how I prepare my baby

7 Likes

Looks amazing!
I’m sorry I haven’t shown my idea yet, I’ve been busy painting and doing other stuff lol

1 Like

That’s okay I totally understand my life has been crazy too!

I have all the pictures taken and stuff, I just have to put it all together lol I’ll do it now while I’m waiting for a layer to dry. Joe is so huge it takes forever for washes to dry lol

1 Like

I am like you, he is not I sculpt I will probably ever paint unless asked…

Lol right! I was hoping his mommy would change her mind but she was set on him and I couldn’t turn down an order right now lol I need to get back on reborns.com to sell the 3 babies I have hanging around. And maybe my mini silicone if I feel like it.

1 Like

Okay, here it is :slight_smile: A little simple tutorial!

5 Likes

That is such a fantastic idea thank you so much for sharing this idea! It is on my to do soon list! Love it! Great slide show too, very well done

1 Like

What a beautiful box opening you prepare. So much love put into it @Reefbubbles.

1 Like

Thank you, I can hardly wait until she gets her package :blush:

1 Like