I'm so discouraged!

Can you post a pic? That way everyone can see what you might need help on.

Well, I think she’s pretty darn cute !!

Judy

I think she is cute,maybe trim her hair and fill in any bald spots,dont be so hard on yourself…sheis really cute…

Honestly, for your first dollbaby I think she looks just fine! I agree with a trim and maybe some fill-in, but I wouldn’t disassemble her and start over. You should keep her just like she is, and use her as your reference baby. I think, for your first attempt, you did a good job!

I also think that you are being to hard on yourself!! For your first baby it looks good to me!

I’m new too and I fnd the hair to be the hardest thing. I think you just need to use the conditioner and tame it a bit and she will look fine. These are my two first babies and I realize there is a long way to go to get where these ladies are but they were in our boat once too!

Seriously, I think she’s great for a first baby. I don’t think you should change her at all, except maybe a tiny hair trim. All she needs is to be picked up and cuddled!!! Please take her off that hard cold table and give the poor little thing a soft blankie and a pillow!!! When you make your second baby, she will be better, but this one will be more special because she is your first.

Hi I agree with a little trim and some fill in. She’s great you are being too hard on yourself. She’s a cutie.

Hugs Tina

Not to worry. The hair looks like that until you tame it with spray on conditioner and comb it down. We all start somewhere and I’ve seen some worse starts than yours…MINE!

Hey, you got the sparse thing going on! That’s one of the hardest things I had to deal with when I first started. All you need to do is calm that hair down with some water or better yet, some leave in conditioner. Comb it down, trim it and you will be surprised at how much better it looks. They all look a little ‘hairy’ before you do this. Don’t be discouraged. She really looks pretty good to me for a first time baby.

— Begin quote from “staceyb”

I kept trying to fill the bald spots and the more I rooted it seemed the more the hair broke off. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks everybody! You are so kind. I’m not giving up and darn it my next baby will be better.

— End quote

What kind of hair did you get? Poor quality hair won’t look good, even if the best reborner is using it. It’s worth it to get better hair, even just to practice with. Also, have you looked at a lot of tutorials? There are so many free ones online, it’s worth it to search for some, or ask around for links to some. Everyone has a different style, so I check out all that I can so I know better what works for me.

Think of it this way… if you wanted to learn to play piano, you wouldn’t do it on an out of tune one that was missing keys. You need quality supplies, and you need all the pieces (paints, brushes, tutorials, etc) if you want to make something you are happy with. Once you’re really happy, that’s all that matters.

Well, I’m very impressed! Seriously, that baby is great for a first baby. I think you have a talent and I look forward to seeing more of your babies.

Stacey, I don’t think she looks bad for your first baby at all.
Everyone has to start somewhere and it takes time and practice. Rooting is the hardest for most all of us.
I agree about the mohair quality, but you can condition the hair and it will look lots better.

Keep at it!

ps, I emailed you!

— Begin quote from “~A~”

— Begin quote from “staceyb”

I kept trying to fill the bald spots and the more I rooted it seemed the more the hair broke off. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks everybody! You are so kind. I’m not giving up and darn it my next baby will be better.

— End quote

What kind of hair did you get? Poor quality hair won’t look good, even if the best reborner is using it. It’s worth it to get better hair, even just to practice with. Also, have you looked at a lot of tutorials? There are so many free ones online, it’s worth it to search for some, or ask around for links to some. Everyone has a different style, so I check out all that I can so I know better what works for me.

Think of it this way… if you wanted to learn to play piano, you wouldn’t do it on an out of tune one that was missing keys. You need quality supplies, and you need all the pieces (paints, brushes, tutorials, etc) if you want to make something you are happy with. Once you’re really happy, that’s all that matters.

— End quote

I totally agree…use good supplies. Poor quality mohair makes all your effort futile. Great analogy with the piano by the way.