I'm going to ROSE! (Happy dance)

Wow, it said it was booked. I looked on Expedia. Thanks

I do think the ROSE rooms are full but the others are available.

2 Likes

@jeanhai If events are starting on the 11th, wouldnā€™t we need to check in the 10th and leave the 15th or are you local?

Classes start the 11th.

Events start the 12th.

Show floor opens the 13th.

It depends on what you want to do. Iā€™m not taking any classes and Iā€™m skipping the ice cream social (too tempting for someone with diabetes) so Iā€™m going to leave on the 14th. Iā€™m coming from California so I also need round trip plane fares, shuttles to and from airports and an electric cart rental. Iā€™m on a fixed income so 2 more nights @ $199 each is a little too much for me.

I understand. I am trying to pull a budget together too. It is very pricey and I need round trip flight from Alabama. those two days would help my budget too. I will have to see what I can work out. Need to beg the hubby since non of my babies seem be selling right now, lol

I think I stayed at the Best Western last year and walked

So, close enough to walk. Thatā€™s great if all else fails. I wish I could find someone to team up with. Are you going this year @babymaw?

Iā€™m hoping to. My husband is talking about going but not sure. If he doesnā€™t go I would love to team up.

If youā€™re driving down, you could stay at one of the KOAs nearby. Thereā€™s one north and one south.

Ok, thanks

Hubby Reserved my room this morning :slight_smile:
Only got the ROSE price for the night of the 14thā€¦ the rest of the nights were full price, they didnā€™t have any left of the group rate for the other days.

I should have reserved it as soon as it opened. :confused: ugh.

I am so disappointed. I waited too long.

The ROSE rooms do fill up really fast. There is a hotel across the street at the corner and it is within walking distance, it is pretty close but it can be really HOT at that time of year!! I forgot the name of the hotel though, do as Jenni suggested, look up the hotels close to the Davis Conference Center in Layton Utah.

Hi ladies-
Donā€™t forget about Air BnB as an option! The site doesnā€™t allow you to book July yet, but it looks like you should be able to soon. If youā€™re not familiar with it, Air BnB is a service where people rent out their homes or a room in their home. Itā€™s usually much less expensive than a hotel, especially if you group up. Say one person is driving and two others are flying in. Get a house thatā€™s close-ish and drive to the convention center together & split the bills. Maybe help the driver a bit with gas money :wink: Or you could Uber if nobody is driving (not sure if Uber or Lyft are available in Utah?)

Check this one out-- it could be a BB Forum party house! Haha

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/929405?location=Layton%2C%20UT%2C%20United%20States&s=OhfgCH3E

Iā€™ve had really great experiences with Air BnB for weekend getaways with friends. I hope this helps someone! Maybe Iā€™ll look to yā€™all for roomie or two in the future when Iā€™m able to process enough mohair to be a vendor! :hugs:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Layton--UT--United-States/homes?place_id=ChIJ-TAH2db9UocRGJwbAH6wsYw&refinement_paths[]=%2Ffor_you&allow_override[]=&s_tag=OhfgCH3E

@Sydster Iā€™d love for you to be able to save enough on accommodations that you could do some of the events! :blush:

Iā€™m not doing any of the events. Itā€™s going to be about $1000 for me to get there and thatā€™s without spending money. Honestly Iā€™d rather have spending money than go to the events. But hopefully Iā€™ll get to meet you!

1 Like

For everyone who is going to the ROSE show be sure to wear a name tag (of some sort) with your name and the FORUM you are connected with------it will help others to recognize you. Usually someone on the forum will volunteer to create an ID tag for everyone so they are all the same, email it to you and you print it out and wear it to the show. I use a lanyard with a little plactic pouch that hangs around the neck. Itā€™s so fun to meet everyone but we have to be able to recognize you AS ONE OF US!! I hope this makes sense.

We have contacted the Home 2 that is across the street from the Hilton only a 1 to 2 minute walk. So we might be able to get a discounted rate form them too

2 Likes

They do have Uber. Last year I had a very nice man as my driver. I got his phone number if anyone wants it pm me.