I'm back, here's an update

Hey ladies! I wanted to say hi and that I’m kinda getting back into the swing of things. Being on a lot of different medications to try and help my bipolar disorder last year didn’t have the greatest effect on me. The end of last year my cousin was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer while going through a divorce. She is unbelievably strong and wonderful person and I tried my best to be supportive even with social distancing. Up until July of this year I had only finished 2 gift babies (one for my grandmother in Japan and one for my mom). A really nice girl at my local gym actually requested an AA skin tone that I had never attempted and ended up purchasing twins! It was really refreshing to change things up and challenge myself so it sort of reignited my passion for painting! I completed 1 other custom and 2 babies I listed on reborns. I am currently working on a mono rooted super light blonde baby that I’m really excited about. I really missed this forum and trying to give any tips I learned or figured out. So I was planning on doing a reborn with me type thing and wanted to see if anyone was interested. I have a newborn Joseph asleep Realborn that is blank and I’m planning on doing a photo of each layer and do some in depth details. Maybe do a separate thing of how I mix colors? I’m not sure if my style is something anyone is interested in and I’m certainly not an expert by any means. Sorry this is so long! Here’s some pictures of my babies.!
Realborn Laila asleep cuddle baby
PSX_20200915_090032|375x500
Realborn Laila awake

Darren asleep

Johannah awake and asleep (first AA skin tone! In Looooove with the feet!)

Skya asleep

Dominic asleep

If anyone wants to keep in better touch with me send me a PM and we can exchange emails. Look forward to chatting with everyone again!

34 Likes

Beautiful babies!! I’m not usually a fan of Johanna awake but I love yours! The creases on the feet are beautiful!

3 Likes

Welcome back! Your babies are beautiful! That Laila awake is the best I’ve ever seen of that kit. And Dominic…oh my! He is perfection! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Everyone is always so kind and positive here. :hugs:

2 Likes

Welcome back and beautiful babies! As a newer artist I would love to see a reborn with me. I find it so helpful to see how others are creating dolls .

3 Likes

Welcome back! Lovely work ~ your Dominic is so GORGEOUS :two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome back! Your babies are beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous babies!

1 Like

Welcome back! Your Darren is amazing, that tummy plate is sooo beautiful

1 Like

I am so glad to see that you are back. I often was thinking of you and miss you a lot. I hope you will not dissappear again. But if you need a break from us again, it’s ok, just come back to us. Just remember that you are loved here :heart: :heart:

Your babies, as always, so beautiful! It’s great to see your work again. Dominic is amazing - the best Dominic that I’ve seen!

4 Likes

Your babies are beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful work!

1 Like

You have no idea how much that means to me! I often think of you and the wonderful ladies I have met on here. I really missed it and being a part of a community of artists and people who love the art as much as me means the world. I’m sure my husband would love if I stop talking his ear off about this layer, this kit, and all my plans for different babies. I’m just not the most consistent individual and definitely need to work on it! :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

I wondered about you and am so glad to see you back. Your work is beautiful and I would love to see how you do things- I cannot even seem to follow a tutorial, but seeing other artists paint or how they mix color inspires me! It is kind of you to take the time to share.

4 Likes

First let me say those are some beautiful babies, really beautiful. I love the way you do eyebrows, would totally sign up for a tutorial just for those alone. Your skin tones are delicious, your creasing and mottling on point. Johanna awake is hard to paint, those eyes are hard to get right, you nailed it.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the bipolar business, that is a wicked deal, serotonin is a hard thing to get balanced and the drugs that are available need to grow up a little. So much is still misunderstood about brain chemistry. I hope your get the combination your body needs and you can still feel like you.

Hope your cousin is doing well, sounds like hard stuff.

Don’t worry about tutorials…paint. Just paint babies you love, turn on some great music, paint, have tea and treats and just fall in love with the rhythm of it all.

I paint as a distraction sometimes, it’s my happy place. If you can’t save the world, fix all your troubles, lose that damn 25 pounds that won’t go away you can paint a baby and feel like you have done something truly awesome.

Stay well, can’t wait to see more babies.

7 Likes

They all are beautiful. I would definitely watch your videos.

4 Likes

Beautiful work :heart:

3 Likes

we all here for you and want to hear about the layers :wink::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome back !!
Your babies are gorgeous !! Would definitely watch your videos.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really enjoy giving tips and think it would be awesome to paint along with other artists! I keep a detailed record of every layer I paint on every baby so if anyone has a questions I have a reference. I’m trying to ride this productive wave as long as I can.
I’ve been managing my symptoms pretty well. For most of the time it’s not too much trouble, just some episodes that are kinda scary.
My cousin has radiation left and last check she was cancer free! She was just very tired from chemo and surgery but had my aunt helping out with the kids.
I have to finish up with rooting 2 babies then I’m going to try to possibly do time lapses of each layer and maybe put it on Instagram… or a full version on YouTube (never done YouTube so we’ll see). But I’m definitely taking pictures after each layer and maybe draw diagrams of where I paint or avoid. :thinking:

2 Likes