If there's a reborn you want ---

If there’s a reborn you want for yourself, (a particular kit), do you try to find one someone else has made or do you make it for yourself?

Inquiring minds want to know…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’m not a collector, but there was one baby I was really tempted by. I loved the kit but hadn’t gotten a chance to reborn it myself yet. And then I saw a version of her on reborns.com that I was so in love with. I would 100% have bought her if I had the money. Generally I would make it for myself though but this one was special!

3 Likes

Depends if you can make it the way you like it!!

2 Likes

That is a hard one. It depends on the kit. Most of the kits that I have wanted to keep for myself I have painted myself, but there are a few that I haven’t had the nerve to paint myself, such as Saskia and Sunny K. I have a Saskia that was made by one of my favorite (now prototype) artists and I am considering sending Sunny off to be painted rather than paint her myself. I always see the flaws in my own painting or think about what I could have done better/differently. With someone else’s work, I am free to love it outright.

4 Likes

I have a couple of kits that I love that are now sold out and harder to find. I don’t think I will ever feel confident enough to paint them myself.

2 Likes

Well if there was something in my mind that I wanted and knew I couldn’t achieve I would get that special baby from another Artist. However most times I would reborn the doll myself. Like I have a vision for a Cuddle Therapy Baby for myself that I don’t think I can paint but I am going to give it my all with Easton. I have been wanting and needing that “Baby” to hold when I’m having a bad day. I’ve tried making a couple and they just weren’t it, lol. Either too big or too small. I prefer open eyed babies but realized I want a closed eyed baby to hold. I don’t hold my dolls they just get posed and changed and rotated, lol! This is till I can afford that special silicone baby that I want. :upside_down_face: I realize this was TMI.

3 Likes

I reborn them myself. All my keepers were made by me.
I feel like if I let someone else reborn it, it won’t always be exactly what I want. But when I make them myself, even though they’re more likely to have flaws, I already have a certain bond with them. And I can do exactly as I like.

5 Likes

I feel the same way. Even if it is a kit I love, I can’t seem to enjoy my own work. It’s weird but nice to know other people feel the same. I have 4 Levi kits in my stash and yet I am always looking for the perfect finished Levi because I don’t trust myself painting him :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really would like Charlotte Eagles but the kit is £120 for a newborn size kit it seems so much. I was going to pre order her on Thursday when I got paid and was excited to paint her but unless I sell one of my finished reborns I cant afford her.

1 Like

I started off as a collector, I had only 2 reborns before I stopped and ended up buying more for other people (my mom, grandmother, and daughters) so thats when I decided to try making them and researched for a couple years before I started.
I think I would rather make one for myself if I were going to keep one. I do cuddle and love my babies before I send them home so I think that its better than collecting because I get new babies to hold all the time :wink:

4 Likes

My must have is Presley awake and asleep. I have the first ones in their collector box. They are still in kit form. I bought them as seconds a while back and changed to full limbs in the in I’m working on

1 Like

I only have a few toddlers that I make for myself, because of space. When i quit reborning, I am making my painting room into a toddler nursery, so have kits saved for myself. I would only ever collect my own work, because I like it the best (NOT THAT IT IS THE BEST!!!) but is my vision of my favorite … hope I explained that correctly :slight_smile:

3 Likes