I’ve been working on Yona for approximately forever
I’m rooting her with some special pygora, and I decided to try rooting with the length of hair I wanted in the end- so I wouldn’t need to cut it. Only about 1". I also wanted to vary the density so it would have that look of a baby who has rubbed her hair off a bit when she lays on her back.
All was well…for a couple of days. I was meticulously plucking any tails as I went along, but I started noticing more and more of them in the sections I already completed.
I realized somehow I was pulling the short hair into the head as I went. So some of my already short pieces were becoming mega short. It started looking patchy and horrible!
I tried saving it a few different ways but it wasn’t making me happy. I had glued it and didn’t want to deal with removing the glue…so I shaved it! Haha poor lil’ girl!
It worked pretty well, except for some small nicks that went down to bare vinyl. That’s fine because I decided to go thick, longer, and curly. She’ll need a haircut now, but it’s working much better! Whew.