I need the truth and honesty June 7 months

I finished my 7 month June sleeping. I used the primary method for her skin toning. I didn’t start out to purposely make her bi-racial, but sometimes kits do what they want, I just paint. This is my 1st biracial baby.
I know above her upper lip is overpainted. I will take all and any critique, suggestions, and opinions as long as it’s not hatefully directed. If you want to talk to me we can schedule a time…lol! :wink: I believe in growing as an artist, that is why I take an interest in techniques and tips from others. I am never looking to copy a method but something that will help enhance ours. She is painted with Genesis and matted with Angie’s matting technique using cornstarch and ADecor Matt Varnish and that was baked, not on purpose, but it was nice to know it could be @dinokc-thank you.

Thank you all so much. So many of you have helped in ways you don’t know and to come here, to feel safe with all of you is one of the best feelings I have ever had on any forum. The fact that we all get along and show respect helps. Okay, let me shush up and post this…

5 Likes

I think all of her skin tone needs to be darkened, to match up with her upper lip

3 Likes

If you can’t correct the shading on her upper lip I would darken her skin tone, overall (avoiding the upper lip area) and add more shading to the rest of her - temples, wrists, ankles, forehead, etc.

2 Likes

I tried all the colors and then some, finally it was down to flesh, that is why it looks so chalky/dusty.
Thank you @Mommarobin Carla, and Sony, I will darken her up.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see!!!

1 Like

Message me. I can help you find a darker shade

1 Like

For me, her eyebrows are a little too prominent. Maybe darkening up the skin as other have suggested will blend her eyebrows in a bit more. Love her little feet.

1 Like

I think you got all kinds of good advice.

Not sure what happened with that upper lip, what a drag. The eyebrows are great, looks like nice mottling.

She doesn’t read “ethnic” to me but I paint deeper than most people. I think adding some darker skin tones to match that lip will create that AA look. When you put on the dark layers try to avoid that lip, the palms the soles of the feet and be careful with ears they can get that muddy look fast.

I am almost wondering if the fact you used air dry varnish if you can take down that color on the space between lip and nose a bit before you add darker skin tones?

Maybe someone else will know how possible this is.

Aside from the lip she is a pretty baby. I just painted her last week and I do not like painting big babies but she was fun and a pleasure, such a cute chunk of baby.

Good luck can’t wait to see how she turns out.

1 Like

Here she is, I am so sorry for not returning sooner. Thank you all for your help and advice, as I’ve said to grow as an artist we need to be open to learning and I learned with this big girl. I know my pictures are terrible, I will post some when I have her all together.
All your advice and suggestions were taken to heart and I even re-did her eyebrows. :smile:

15 Likes

Wow!!! Great improvement!!! She looks so much better!!

2 Likes

Yes, much better! Great job!

1 Like

Big improvement; the new brows look great

2 Likes

Wow! You did great on fixing the colors and eyebrows!

1 Like

Wow she is gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, nice work, wasn’t sure about that lip but you really made it work, that hand is fantastic! BraVO!!!

1 Like

I also agree that you’ve done a great job improving her. She looks great!

1 Like

Wow…she’s gorgeous! Would love to know how you did this.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, you all are so wonderful, thank you!! I was shocked at the lip and paint matching up also, when I finally realized they were close, I said I was finished. She’s not anything I would sell, as she has some marks from her old sets of eyebrows, but she is a keeper for me. I am so happy I shared with you all and will be sharing more of my work.
This is why I have grown to love this forum, for you all and the kindness you show.

She is lovely!!

1 Like

She is beautiful. Great job. There is a lot of good advice on this forum.

1 Like