I messed her up!

I am painting Avery. Wanted to give her definition around nose down either side of mouth corner eyes.
It was rainy snowy and my llght wasnt that good yesterday …added what looked to be good definition… dummy me …baked her…now sunny out. lot more light WAY TOO MUCH BLUE.!!Lesson learned!!! and i knew not to bake her head.! why did I? ugh.
Looks like child abuse…black and blue…
.Can it be covered by flesh 8 layers?

1 Like

To correct, go to the opposite side of the color wheel, in this case Orange will help decrease the blue.

3 Likes

My camera is my phone so the pic isnt good terrible on close up details… If it only looked this light as the pic id be ok.
Add about 3 times this dark.
It was vein blue
.Haha just noticed her mouth and cheeks white because i scrubbed with Gamsol

2 Likes

You learned about blue the same way most of us did…the hard way. :weary: I’d use the orange wash on the the blue areas to tone it down.

2 Likes

ill have to order some yellow…closest i have is burnt umber.
I do have pyrol red … can turn her into an ethnic i guess thats an option…
Could I use a dot of acrylic yellow paint or would that totally screw this up.?
Took me forever to mottle her perfectly and veins how i liked…ugh.
Well duh why dont i just buy orange…? mind not working and im always a paint mixer even my walls.

3 Likes

That’s how I learned about big bad blue, also. I hope you can find a way to tone the blue down some.

wispy i had the same thought so used lip blush its sort of orangish added it to fkesh 8 It worked!! oh im so happy thank you all for the help.

You probably can tell. dumb phone camera!! but its lots better!

3 Likes

Here’s a nice color chart of colors that can be nixed from the 5 basic colors:

Genesis Color Mix Chart

1 Like

My first 3 was ok but the were for little kids who dont get mottling etc just wanted this one to really look real with dimension ugh.
Never bake again until morning!..my lesson

1 Like

Thanks Amy

Glad I found this! I had too much blue on the palm of my new baby’s hand and want to tone it down