I just ordered kyle!

Hi
I think my email message landed and 2 seconds later I had ordered Kyle and I bet he is already on his way here!!!
I am so excited! I needed this baby for a swap I am in, and was getting nervous that they would not be released in time to get him done!!!
I am so excited!!

Any one else order him?

Joy

Just seen your post i ordered him too plus i got bella.Now how am i going to get the time to reborn.I just reborned Grace and Adam (Angela Harris) Iam going to ebay so i can collect me some dolly dollars.( I want to see pictures after hes finished)BOL

My Kyle will be here Thursday

Congratulation!!! Can’t wait to see Kyle reborn!!! Make sure you post picutures Ladies!!!

I just got my Kyle!! I can’t wait to start on him. Guess tonight he gets his first bath!

Well, you win! MIne didn’t come today, I am surprised by that! OH well, tomorrow for sure.
I am finishing up a project today anyway, so he would be shelved over night anyway.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s.
Joy

I have to take the MIL to doctor today so no playing for me today. Tomorrow, for sure!

Oh! Also, I’m considering turning Kyle into Krista. I’ll see how the paint and rooting goes before definitely making my decision.

I really love how the babies take on what they are going to be when you reborn them, I think that is one of my favorite things about reborning!! Good luck ladies!!

Well, I have KYle now, and I am so ticked! His ears are really blank! I had thought the pictures of him on the gallery were perhaps badly lit etc. And his prototype is wearing a hat. But his ears are just as blank as can be. There is an outline form of course but NO structure molding. This is going to be a real challenge for me. I am going to have to CONSTRUCT an ear with paint!!
What are the rest of you who have him going to do with the ears? I am fairly new to reborning so really am nervous about this. If you wouldn’t mind sharing your secrets I would be ever so grateful!
thanks
joy

If I’m not successful at adding the proper shadowing for structure, I will leave him with a longer hairstyle on the sides as some newborns have longer hair on the sides and let it cover the tops of his ears. I’m really surprised that Pat Moulton didn’t construct the ear into a believable shape. That shocks me!

That is too bad about the ears. I think Kyle is the sweetest of all the new babies. If you make him a keeper, he sure looks adorable in a hat, but if selling him, maybe a little sculpy or some special painting effects will help. I’ve never had to create an inner ear, so I can’t offer much help.

That’s a great idea about the sculpey. I’ll need to get some liquid sculpey to make sure it sticks. I’ll try painting first though, probably.

Okay so Kyle had his bath last night. I’m just slightly disappointed that the back of the head says bountiful babies and nowhere does it say Pat Moulton or even her initials. That would have been nice to have but I still love the kit!

So what the heck is BB trying to accomplish here? This is below their usual standards as far as I am concerned, they “forgot” the ear parts, they “forgot” to put the Arists name on the mark, they have had other issues with buyers getting bad limbs and then not being able to get satisfaction from them until a third party intervened and contacted them. I mean if they are somehow hurrying to get kits out because of the two new “Mergers” with Viovere and with the Rubert collections…then why not sacrifice quantity for a little quality? this is sloppy stuff…this is all very very fixable but I worry that if they don’t get it pretty soon then they will begin to lose our confidence. And we will find other places to shop. I just find it kind of sad.
I will not be sculpting ears…I don’t know how…these as they are are bad enough, but Lord only knows what I would do with sculpting some!!! Unless it was to be an elf…and then there would be more leeway!
joy

— Begin quote from “joy”

So what the heck is BB trying to accomplish here? This is below their usual standards as far as I am concerned, they “forgot” the ear parts…

— End quote

We are much more likely to reject an artist’s sculpt than we are to modify their work afterwards. That’s why we currently reject over 90% of the sculpts that are submitted to us.

In other words, what you see will be what the sculptor sculpted.

— Begin quote from “joy”

they “forgot” to put the Arists name on the mark

— End quote

People are strongly urging us not to stamp anything on the back of the neck (our usual area). Or, if you were referring to the reference of the artist’s name on our website, for all “in stock” kits, this page always lists the artist (with the exception of the pre-painted kits, which were all sculpted by Denise Pratt):

Gallery - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC)
Other website pages may or may not list the artist, but it has more to do with our automated handling of website changes than anything else. Even with the page listed above, the only reason the artist’s names are not listed for the “out of stock” kits (and the pre-painted kits) is because of the automated way that the page is updated, combined with the fact that visually there simply wouldn’t be room under the picture. So, the automated update code was written to keep the name off in the case of “out of stock” kits, but put the name in for “in stock” kits.

— Begin quote from “joy”

they have had other issues with buyers getting bad limbs and then not being able to get satisfaction from them until a third party intervened and contacted them.

— End quote

Are you talking about this case? http://tinyurl.com/2dsg3db
In that case, somebody on eBay sold a damaged part. The buyer must not have known about us, because the buyer contacted Donna RuBert about a replacement, rather than trying to talk to us (because Donna doesn’t produce the parts- we do). And when we found out, we sent them a free replacement, even though we weren’t the ones that sold the damaged part in the first place.

Or were you talking about something else?

— Begin quote from “joy”

this is sloppy stuff…this is all very very fixable but I worry that if they don’t get it pretty soon then they will begin to lose our confidence.

— End quote

That is why our standards for acceptance of a sculpt have increased over the years, and will continue to increase. As it stands right now, it is very difficult for a sculptor to submit something that is high enough quality for us to accept. And, it is going to get even more difficult. But, we generally won’t touch their work, to alter it, once it is accepted. So, with very rare exceptions, what you see will be what the sculptor sculpted.

Bountiful Baby

Okay so I quit procrastinating and painted Kyle today. His ears aren’t nearly as bad as they first look. There is quite a bit of definition in them, its just that his ears look different than most but hey, none of us have the same ears! We all have different ears. I did put a little bit of extra shading in them but they look just fine! I will take pictures tomorrow if its not raining and let you all see what I’ve done so far. Perhaps you can all give me your opinion on what color hair to give the baby. lol

can"t wait to see them!!!

I ordered mine the same day and still waiting for him to come.

— Begin quote from “kimesue8”

I ordered mine the same day and still waiting for him to come.

— End quote

Mine came from a private source, not BB. Yours will come =)

Okay so I figured I would just showcase the ear here and the rest of the pictures I’ll put in another thread.
[attachment=0]ear-closeup3.png[/attachment]

Even though I didn’t do the best paint job in the world you can clearly see the ear structure is there and complete.

WOW you did a great job on his ears!!! well done!!! congrats!!!