I just opened Addy by Melody Hess!

The mailman just brought me Addy by Melody Hess! I knew she was coming but didn’t know when. She’s number 52/300…not bad! She has full limbs and the detail is amazing! Looking forward to reborning her!! :grinning:

7 Likes

i’m so happy she came so you can get started.

1 Like

She’s a cutie…Looking forward to seeing your version…Know she will be adorable! Don’t forget to post pics for us to see. (Love seeing everyone’s babies on here…) :smile:

2 Likes

I got my Addy #26. She’s smaller or should I say dainty. I’d love to start her soon but have lots going on. I had buyers remorse for a while after buying her but now that I see her in person, I’m loving her.

1 Like

Thanks, @honojane & @westernstarr! It’ll be a bit before I can start working on her. I’m trying to finish up Celeste before I head up next week to pack my mom up and bring her home. I’m getting excited about that!

3 Likes

I’m with you on that, Melanie! Her pics don’t do her justice. I had been thinking about selling the blank kit but not now! She is dainty; that’s a great description. I LOVE her details. BTW, congrats on such a low number!!

1 Like

I think that Melody does a prototype contest for all of her new kits to give artists an opportunity to do the next prototype. Of course, she still hasn’t chosen the winners from the Harley contest and I think it those photos had to be submitted by March 31st? (Maybe it was April 30th?). Not much of a way to run a business! I passed on Addy! Does she have the same limbs as her last few babies?

3 Likes

Yes, there is a contest for Addy so she’ll probably be my next baby. Wow! She still hasn’t chosen a winner for the Harley contest?! That’s crazy! I’m not sure about the limbs; this is my first Hess baby. You can see her pics here:

http://melodyhessdolls.com/

2 Likes

I think she has the same limbs as Harley and Harley’s were the same as a previous baby! I love that Laura Lee Eagles does different limbs for each of her kits. There are several sculptors that do shared limbs though.

2 Likes

I just looked up Harley and her limbs look the same as Addy’s.

The winners for the Harley contest were supposed to be announced at the end of April. She has mentioned that she was sick for a few days, was behind on custom orders and her computer was acting up. She has recently finished shipping all her orders for Addy and now she is sculpting a new baby. I hope she hasn’t forgotten about the contest.

1 Like

I saw the new sculpt she is working on. Did you see that someone asked about the Harley contest on her post? Not that it matters, she never answered my question on her other post! :wink:

I noticed that it has not been responded to it. Maybe tomorrow… :confused:

1 Like

It sounds like she’s very busy and got backed up. Hopefully, she’ll finish up with the Harley contest soon.

2 Likes

I know this is off topic, but I Pm’d you @AmyR777. It won’t let me like messages twice.

1 Like