I have to give up reborning babies

I have to give up reborning babies. Yes. I realized that ever since I started it 4 months ago I have not done anything in my house but laundry and dishes. The DUST BUNNIES are taking OVER!! We had to get a new TV last night and when we moved the old one out the dust bunny uprising was astounding!! I was scared for my life!! Now I am looking around at the plants (DUSTY) the pictures (DUSTY) the knick knacks (DUSTY) books (DUSTY) get the picture? I need to give up reborning and rejoin the world of living housewives and take care of my house!! UGH ! How do you guys fit in work, housework, kids AND reborning??? Anyone have a refferal for a good maid service?

Well - I have no children or pets and I still have the same problems. Every once in a while I feel really guilty and but the babies away and either tackle the house or the yard. Between the dolls and the doll forums it is very addicting and time consuming

So I know exactly where you are coming from. Maybe we should start an organization for “REBORN ADDICTS”??? Maybe I shouldn’t laugh - - - - this is too serious.

Judy

Exactly my point. When I’m not working on a baby I’m typing away at this forum!! LOL I need someone to say “step away from the computer!!” and crack a whip to get me near the vaccuum !
Babies are so much more fun!!

Somehow I don’t think this is going to work. We are toooooooooooooooooooo far gone!!!

Judy

Whew, I need a break. I have been cleaning Olivia’s room and I have been away for 15 minutes! Wow glad to be back. How is everyone? What did I miss?

we can’t stoppppppppppppppppppppp! i am addicted too. and i dont have a secret method my house is a mess and my husband hates them so i try not to talk about them even though i love reborns soooo much!

My hub tells me they’re ugly, but when we have people over he brags on them. AND he complains about the house being a mess, but he never sticks around to clean either! LoL

WOW a husband that does dishes!! You should change your name to LUCKIEST WOMAN ALIVE !! My hub doesn’t even know where the sink is !

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

I live by myself, have always been single, and I have a non-shedding dog (thank God). My house is an organized mess. I figure, it’s my house, no one ever comes to it, so ----deal with it. If someone comes, they know my house is overrun with baby stuff. I don’t even hardly cook anything. Well, I have to admit—my elderly parents are next door and I go over there and cook and eat with them. So, in some ways, that’s even worse. I can’t use my family as an excuse to HAVE to clean. I try to keep the bunnies under control, and no messes that attract mice. They do like vinyl, you know. I did have a nibble on a part one time. I also do all my painting in my kitchen on my counter. I’ve had little, itty bitty mice tracks all over my counter and the baby parts that were laying there. (they walked through my paints) So, for those of you who have family, I would say set small goals for yourself. If you pick a certain room each day to do some surface cleaning, by the end of the week a whole lot gets done. Of, course, that is dust a little here, dust a little there, work on a baby, check the forum, dust a little, you get the picture. You could always host a family cleaning party and get it all done at once and then you have the rest of the week to do what you want. Ah, I think I better shut up now.

ps—I have a couple little signs in my house

1. Martha Stewart doesn’t live here, get over it
  2. Dust is just a country accent
  3. No one ever died of dust balls
  4. I cleaned my house yesterday, sorry you missed it
  5. My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy (this was one that my mom always had up)
1 Like

A) I am jealous of the live alone thing!
B) I have used quote 4 & 5 several times
C) Cleaning the house while kids are still growin is like sweepin the walk while its still snowin is my motto

LOVE it!!!

— Begin quote from “OliviasMom”

C) Cleaning the house while kids are still growin is like sweepin the walk while its still snowin is my motto

— End quote

I LOVE THIS ONE.
Judy

OMG you’re right!! He does do that!! LOL

You know, the one thing I hate about housecleaning is that you finally get finished and six months later you have to turn around and do it all over again! UGH.

Newsflash!!! I actually trimmed some way overgrown grass in my flower bed. It was about 3 feet tall. I finished painting Sienna and told myself that I HAD to go outside and do this. Of course, now I’m thinking about what my next baby is going to be rather than getting the rest of the grass trimmed.

Well that’s the best reason for giving up reborning. It’s the REAL THING. Once you get back into it - make a duplicate of your son. You will have to post photos of him for us to see. I looked at your blog - you make beautiful babies.

Judy

Uh-Oh ladies, would you say she’s NESTING ?? yep he’s right around the corner. When you get that urge to clean and prepare, you are ALMOST done!! Best of luck and give him lots and lots of hugs and kisses from all his Aunties here on the forum. Hurry back, we’ll miss you ~~

LOL no DebiC you’re just experiencing “sympathy nesting” for withlove!! Just breathe. It will pass.

DebiC step away from the vacuum, good, now pick up a baby… there now. Everything is going to be okay.

oK YOU GUYS STOP TALKING ABOUT HOUSE cLEANING CUZ i AM ALLERGIC AND READING THIS THREAD KEEPS MAKING ME BREAK OUT IN HIVES-i JUST LOOKED UP AND SAW THAT THE KITTIES HAVE PUT ME ON CAPS LOCK AGAIN -SORRY lol-they think it is their job to keep the key board warm when I am not at it !!!