I hate how this baby is turning out!

I hate how this baby I’m working on is turning out! What do you guys do if you hate how the doll looks but the buyer loves it? I assume just suck it up right?

Well if it is what the buyer is wanting I guess go with it. I had one recently where the buyer wanted freckles which I never do on an infant but I went with it for her.

1 Like

I think it might be the kit itself that is throwing me off. I have done everything I can think of to make it turn out better and the people in my house say it looks fine.

I once made one that the buyer loved, but I thought it looked like an alien. Couldn’t stand that kit. I sucked it up and figured I’d get paid either way. Then stopped doing custom work, haha.

3 Likes

Something about putting the baby together and actually dressing and holding it seems to make me like it even when I didn’t like it during the painting process. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Maybe he isn’t so bad…

2 Likes

I think he is coming along nicely. Do you have a double jointed thumb?

1 Like

Not that I was aware of lol :joy:

My thumb won’t bend back like that…

3 Likes

Not so bad at all. Maybe if you did a bit more blue shading you’d like him a bit more. It would give him a bit more variation without changing his colour since she’s happy with it.

1 Like

Mine either. That’s one fancy thumb!

2 Likes

Lol I didn’t know I had special thumbs!:joy::joy:

2 Likes

You do! :rofl:

3 Likes

1 Like

Is this better lighting or you did add lots more colours? Looking good

1 Like

Better lighting. All I did was matte varnish.

What a difference lighting can make.

2 Likes