I got a Knitting loom set

She is adorable and I love all her stuff!!! Perfect!!!

1 Like

Thank You !!

So far i have done 2 kitties and a hat. It was suppose to be a newborn size but turned out much smaller. More like a preemie. I just got my 8 peg loom in the mail today so Iā€™m excited to try out some booties. Has anyone made preemie booties? Iā€™m assuming an 8 peg loom is too big for those but I didnā€™t see any smaller ones.

3 Likes

IDK. 8ā€™s pretty small. I used a 16 peg for newborn size booties.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done prem sized booties on the 12 peg, I just reduced the number of rows I did. Iā€™ll see if I can find it to take a pic, but I donā€™t have any little babies to try it on

1 Like

Hmm. Well I guess I need to see what my next smallest loom is. I canā€™t remember. Iā€™m not sure why I was thinking I needed this loom for booties.

Edited
Iā€™ve lost my mind. Itā€™s a 12 peg. Not sure why I thought it was an 8. :joy:

2 Likes

I have a 10 peg loom which is called a flower loom by some and I use it for booties however I donā€™t know what would qualify as preemie size I know it wouldnā€™t work for a ten inch .
As MilosMeadows says you can just do less rounds and baby booties are usually large on real babies anyway .
The booties on Muffin are from the 10 peg loom I did 25 rounds total however I didnā€™t use the E wrap that is looser than the one I used mine was done with the flat stitch .

2 Likes

Mine is called a flower loom also but itā€™s a 12 peg. I think today I will try my hand at it and see if I can make some. I will let you all know how it turns out.

3 Likes

Question about organization - how does everyone store their looms? Iā€™ve acquired quite a collection looms (I got several for Christmas - yay!) but I canā€™t find a convenient and clutter free way to store them. Right now Iā€™ve got some in a canvas bin and the rest just lying around. Anyone have any good loom storage ideas?

4 Likes

Great question!

2 Likes

I was wondering this myself. I was toying with the option of hanging them on hooks in my craft room. Not sure if that is the best option but I have lots of wall space so I might go that route.

3 Likes

Maybe something like a peg board?

2 Likes

If you do get the opportunity can you let us know how they turn out? My flower loom is only an 8 peg. But I will be in hobby lobby tomorrow.

2 Likes

On Amazon they have a bunch of knitting bags that hold all your knitting stuff!

4 Likes

I have a 3 drawer rolling cart that I keep my yarn in, and I keep my looms on the top of it. Though I need a bigger one for all my yarn collection which is quickly growing

2 Likes

If I get more looms than I know what to do with I will probably just hang them up someplace for now they are just with my yarn within easy reach .

No no!!! I donā€™t want to know this!!! :joy::scream::joy:

2 Likes

Do you mean one like this one that is a disaster because I have three almost 4 babies Iā€™m working on :grimacing:. I refuse to buy anything for my new looms. I have no yarn :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Yep, exactly like that! I used to keep my paints in it but it was too close to where the cat and dog can get into it so now itā€™s in my room for yarn

3 Likes

Sadly I didnā€™t get to it. I ended up working on a chick instead for my daughter. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to try it out.

3 Likes