I got a Knitting loom set

Wow, that is an amazing deal, and the brand they do not make anymore that everyone loves! Are the pegs interchangeable from one loom to the next?

3 Likes

He looks so comfy and cozy, you did such a great job I love it!:heart:ļø

1 Like

What are torsades? I googled it and I donā€™t think you meant heart trouble.

How cute! @LillyBellesBabies
Great find! @TrinityCrystal

3 Likes

They are! I was so pleased. I donā€™t see myself using the green loom often, but I can always use a peg from another loom if and when needed. To think that I nearly caved in and bought a Boye loom set from walmart about 15 minutes before I found this oneā€¦ so glad I controlled my impulses.

4 Likes

It is great when you find exactly what you need at thrift stores. I try to hold out because it eventually happens if I am patient. But this find was so much more specific wooohooo

2 Likes

Thank you I am not familiar with the term ā€œtorsades ?

1 Like

Wow nice find have fun with it !

1 Like

Thank you !

Thank you @AnnieSokay

1 Like

Okay I think this is a french wordā€œtorsadesā€ having to do with a cable knitting Technique.am I correct ? or is it a pants type ? if I guess right let me know lol :smile:

1 Like

Sorry itā€™s the cable stiches in french ! I just could not remember the name in english !:smile:

2 Likes

Aha ! thatā€™s fine I figured it out any old way knew it had to do with the sweater or pants lol and I did do cables .
The pants were made on a loom in one piece with a seam on the inside leg only , I worked until I got to the measurements I took for the crotch length then divided the pegs equally for the legs .
I worked 18 rows on the one leg finished it off then made the other leg the same way after that I sewed the inner seam .
I use little rubber bands for my cable stitch markers they come in different colors are flexible and most important cheap to buy lol .

3 Likes

My stiches end up so tight I canā€™t do it. I need practice !

1 Like

That is the trick on the loom just make sure you keep the stitches loose in the round before your cable stitch or it wont move . .

1 Like

loop
Your working yarn needs to be looser in row before cable . :blush:

5 Likes

Those pants look awesome!

1 Like

Thanks ! I think I want feet on them so I will probably tweak them and see what I think and I will go up another loom size on next pair and see what I get but overall I think our shared idea worked pretty good :smile:

1 Like

Yes I do it but itā€™s hard, and my result is not nice. I am sure I will be able to do it with more try !

1 Like

Yes it will come just practice I tried it the first time on the loom and had the same problem and gave up for a bit then came back to try it again and managed to get the hang of keeping my stitch loose enough for it to work .

1 Like