I got a Knitting loom set

This proves what we say – different folks enjoy different things. It would be a terribly dull world if we all like the same thing! Your hat is awesome! Have you ever knitted the traditional way?

1 Like

The ones we played with were wood made with nails and we were weaving with weft and whatever the other thread was called lol.
That one was a weaving loom where we wove the yarn over and under and used a comb to push the threads up tight and close together .
By the time I had children they were making plastic squares with elastic bands to make pot holders and other small things.

1 Like

Thank you
The one I got only had a brief tutorial that showed you the way to use it with two patterns in it however since it is an easy thing to learn I got the basics well enough .
And there is so much on line about them I have no trouble finding further patterns and stitching instructions to go farther with it if I want to.
Yes I have knitted , crochet ,macremae ,embroidered , needle point , latch hooked and made baskets so the methods are not foreign to me just a different direction to go in.
I taught my daughter to crochet and tried to teach her to knit but she never managed to pick it up so I am thinking this might be a usable item for her .
If we can fit it in between kids and grand kids and life in general lol .

3 Likes

I was surprised how many different things could be made from the loom. I started a Pinterest board to refer to

2 Likes

So I attempted another stitch besides the knit stitch and gotta be truthful it was a fail it came out the same a knit stitch :smile:
But on the pro side I have another cute hat lol but it is time to put my new toy away until I finish rooting my baby dividing my time between rooting and looming I am not progressing as fast on either as I would like .
Here is my new creation :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Hey! You did it :slight_smile: Great job. You are gonna have me around here trying my hand at it. Leave it up to me everyone on my gift list will be getting something. I’ll be just like Oprah lol…You get a hat, you get a hat, Everybody gets a hat!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: love it lol ! been rooting most of day catching up on that but have looked at a baby booties video I think that will be next project gotta have matching booties .

5 Likes

Lolol I did that with :scarf: scarves :scarf: a few years ago! I took a knitting class and only learned to make a winter scarf. I made one for EVERYONE!!! Even friends in Texas and Florida!!! Lmao They laughed at me but were nice about it. I totally forget how:-( But I’ll make one first, with my loom!

6 Likes

Thought I’d share a couple of things I made on looms that I remembered to take pics of.

19 Likes

very talented :wink:

1 Like

Love them ! looks like you have been doing it a while I think my favs are the doll and the bunting but they are all really nice.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’ve been doing it for a year or 2. I really like it. I have quite the collection. They like reborn kits are addictive.

1 Like

Thank you!

very welcome :blush:

1 Like

I want to make a doll like yours!!! Was it hard?

3 Likes

Not at all. You need a 24 per loom which comes with most round loom sets (don’t get Boye). Here is the link. They there is also a baby one I will include that link too. She has so many cute tutorials.

14 Likes

Tip If the pegs on the loom are fat use bulky or double the yarn unless you want loose weave . Thanks for adding the links @Renauta427 now I can delete some of my computer bookmarks :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Are they hard to make?

1 Like

Nope, you could do it in a few hours. Watch the video, you will see. You just need a 24 per loom. My first loom set was a Darice set from Amazon for $14. It comes with 4 really good looms.

4 Likes