I got a Knitting loom set

I used single strand for the kitten. I made a couple hats and I did use double strand. I do whatever she says to in her video. I am new to this…do different stitches come off looser or tighter on a loom? Did that question make sense?

1 Like

I have just watch some random video on youtube, it’s kind of new to me too. I know different stiches but only use chunky yarn.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info :heart::heart: Will this yarn work for the kitten?

4 Likes

It will work fine. Usually people buy #4 worsted weight yarn because you tend to get more in a skein so it’s more bang for your buck. Can’t wait to see it. I was coming on this thread to ask if you got your looms!!

3 Likes

That’s a lot of yarn!!

2 Likes

I didn’t make a kitten so I figured that was not a question for me :smile: and I don’t always follow directions I get side tracked with wonder if this might work sometimes it will sometimes it wont lol.

1 Like

I missed This! Super cute!

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how it does!! Thanks for bang for the buck tip! :heart:

2 Likes

That is going to make an adorable kitten. It will probably just turn out slightly larger than mine being it is 1 size larger yarn. Will probably be easier to work with. Cannot wait to see

2 Likes

I have that also and make buntings for my babies. It is cheaper and more personal than the cheesy baby blankets they sell these days. I buy a skein of yarn for $4 and do 2 colors with a ribbon to thread threw and can make 2 or three buntings. The hats come out really nice also. I used all 4 to see the sizes they came out to be. Its quick and easy and you can do it without counting stitches. LOL

4 Likes

What size loom do you need to make small stitch items with baby yarn? Or can you not use baby yarn?

3 Likes

Not all yarns are washable. The labels have little pictures that show what you can do to it. If the washtub or machine has an X through it, it’s not washable. Anything that has an X through it you shouldn’t do. Iron Xd-don’t iron, dryer Xd-has to be air dried, etc. I don’t know what the triangle represents.

1 Like

I believe the X through the triangle means no bleach!! (@Nikkiroc @jeanhai)

1 Like

@Nikkiroc My favorite yarn is Red Heart because it stretches out the least, colors stay true and it does good in the wash. I never dry in the Dryer.

I haven’t put my order in yet. Can’t wait to see what you do with yours!

1 Like

I would be interested in knowing that one as well .

2 Likes

Finishing the fronts on my bigger project and ran out of matching yarn so until I get around to going for more yarn I finished my girl doll this is violet .

15 Likes

She is so cute! I love the buttons!

1 Like

Thanks ! that was one of the suggestions in the video I decided to go with might put some on Jazz too lol now the hair I combed it when I was done for a bigger effect :smile:
I also combed my bear to make it fuzzy lol but it didn’t go very fuzzy .

6 Likes

Oh my goodness, I love your dolls they are just adorable!!!

2 Likes

Thanks ! I have one of each now boy and girl so think I am good for now on the dolls lol

2 Likes