I did it!

I finally placed my order for my complete kit, basic paints and some extra felting needles. Yeah I am so excited! Now if I can just be patient till it comes in the mail. How long does it usually take for BB to mail things out? Not too long I hope, cant wait to get started.

— Begin quote from “snuggle2me”

I finally placed my order for my complete kit, basic paints and some extra felting needles. Yeah I am so excited! Now if I can just be patient till it comes in the mail. How long does it usually take for BB to mail things out? Not too long I hope, cant wait to get started.

— End quote

They will send you an email with tracking. I am in Oklahoma and I get delivery in 2-3 days. I saw your other post about “felting” needles. You will be disappointed if you try rooting with any needle that has that many barbs. If you will look in the "tutorial section, you will find many helpful threads about rooting and favorite needles, etc… I use a 43g single barb needle.

— Begin quote from “pia”

— Begin quote from “snuggle2me”

— End quote

They will send you an email with tracking. I am in Oklahoma and I get delivery in 2-3 days. I saw your other post about “felting” needles. You will be disappointed if you try rooting with any needle that has that many barbs. If you will look in the "tutorial section, you will find many helpful threads about rooting and favorite needles, etc… I use a 43g single barb needle.

— End quote

Thanks pia. I ordered the 42g forked uncut needles. I read all I could find out about the different needles, finally decided on the forked ones after debating between the single barbed crown ones. Fingers crossed that I can use them properly. I was wanting to do a thinly sparse head of hair and not show plugs. I hope the forked needles will allow me to see where I am placing each piece of hair individually.

On a funny note, My very supportive hubby is the one who told me to order the kit today. I was showing him different eye colors and dolls and he was fascinated. He says when I’m ready to make a baby for our little girl he wants to help pick out the kit and eye colors. I was showing him some of the done doll kit pictures from evil bay and he said some of those babies are just scary

I will be anxious to hear how you get along with the forked needle. I only tried once and didn’t get the hang of it. I have ordered a magnifying headlamp and when it comes, I may try it again.

— Begin quote from “pia”

I will be anxious to hear how you get along with the forked needle. I only tried once and didn’t get the hang of it. I have ordered a magnifying headlamp and when it comes, I may try it again.

— End quote

I will let you know how they turned out. If they don’t work out for me then I will order the single barbed ones with my next order.

The forked needles are harder to get the hang of. I still like the crown needles (42 g) and usually only get one to two hairs per hole unless I dampen the hair. I also root thickly though so a few extra hairs doesn’t bother me as long as it isn’t short pieces. I try sparse but it always ends up with me filling in the spaces!

Glad you are giving reborning a try! It is a lot of fun plus you’ll make friends which is the big bonus! Just don’t stress if you don’t get perfection the first time and keep trying. On the other hand, you may be a natural at this and succeed beyond your wildest dreams. I’m still striving for that one but it keeps escaping me! I have had a few really great ones but I also see all the little tiny imperfections. And even more fun comes when you try to shop for clothes and bottles and pacis and then cribs and high chairs and rooms full of stuff… Have fun!

As for BB mailing, I’m in VA and get mine in 2-3 days with very few exceptions. Fast, fast shipping compared to other companies! And fast response if you do need customer service. Just a little biased in favor of BB!!!

Good for you, now you just need some patience LOL. I’m the same way waiting for anything doll related. I’m like a child on Christmas morning. Which kit did you choose?

Welcome aboard to this fascinating past-time. At first I kept all my babies because I couldn’t bear the thought of parting with them. Then they started to pile up! It became easy to let them go and sell a few. BB is very quick with orders, and as long as you’re aware of the time differences, calling is also great. They’re very helpful. And every once in a while, you receive a gift certificate from them that will prompt you to order more stuff! They’re great!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and wonderful information. I am looking forward to my kit coming. I ended up ordering the Honey kit. Hoping they send darker mohair and not a light color. I guess I should of ordered some of it too. Does anyone have an idea of what color eyes they generally send out with the premade kits?

Wow! BB does ship super fast. I ordered it Friday and it just arrived, Monday. I was so excited but my hubby was just as excited. He started opening the box it came it. Now I have to get it all organized and start my first reborn. Yeah!

— Begin quote from “kathywh911959”

Just stay away from Red Ruby mohair. It’s awful, frizzy and ended breaking. Does your husband have a single uncle? He seems so sweet and supportive!!

— End quote

My hubby blushed when i read this to him. Sorry no single uncles left. They got snagged up already. But I think I got the best one.