I can't believe this

BB is selling the small jar of Genesis paint for $15.99!! And the 1/2 oz for $39.95​:flushed::flushed::flushed: omg, talk about price gouging, it’s insane. When I started reborning it was $3.99 the small jar.

7 Likes

Yes, they are charging more than anyone else for Genesis.

2 Likes

This is a problem since buyers already complain about the price of dolls as it is. I won’t be able to sell anything for a profit soon :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Price gouging is everywhere. Groceries…ugh…:angry:Everyone’s out to make a buck, I get it, but no way most of us can keep paying these ridiculosly high prices ~ I guess they’ll see when inventory starts collecting dust. I mean, it’s not like the pandemic hit and we all received double wages. I will do without before I’ll cave and pay double or triple price and I’m pretty sure there are others who feel the same.

As far as Genesis, I just placed an order from Dolls by Sandie. Her prices are still within reach and shipping is reasonable.

8 Likes

Exactly, I will NOT buy at those prices. It’s insane.

4 Likes

I noticed that. I remember them going for $5.95. Crazy!! I would not buy it for that high of a mark up. I understand raising for profits but thats to much.

4 Likes

I bought the smallest jar of paint from Dolls by Sandie for under $5 where as BB is selling it well over that

5 Likes

Oh wow I just bought the eyelid purple for 8.95 two days ago holy smokes

1 Like

Yes, they immediately raised them to $15.99 and the 1/2oz to $39.99!!! I mean REALLY??? COME ON BB

4 Likes

I think BB is really struggling to stay afloat or else going out of business. There are currently 77 closeout kits on sale. Even the new silicone kits are on sale for $297.50, 2nds for $247.50. 100% of their kit inventory is on sale for 50% (or more) off. 24 of the 45 bodies are on sale. Something’s up. Companies don’t sell off so much of their inventory for no reason. I wish they’d tell us if they’re going out of business or filing for bankruptcy. I’d really hate it if the forum went away. I’d miss you guys.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! And I bought a few others but they were 10.95 and 11.95 I believe. So some of the paints did get like a 90percent markup over the past few days… Eesh

3 Likes

Crazy! WOW. I doubt people will pay those outrageous prices. If they are desperate enough to need buy, they will find another source where they’re not being gouged like that.

2 Likes

Inflations has increased greatly over the past year. Everything is more now than it was. Supply and demand doesn’t help as businesses are losing money as people buy less with a lot of products left on shelves. Our country is possibly on the brink of a depression. It stinks in many ways, because only those who can afford to highest of prices will get the products the rest of us wish we could still afford. :unamused:

1 Like

I agree and I understand inflation but a 90% markup is beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

Possibly? We’re on a crash course. It will get worse as prices go even higher and people stop buying even some everyday things that we’re used to. I refuse to pay $7.49 for a pound of butter or $8 for a loaf of bread or $10 for toothpaste. Not happening in my world. I’ll do without the butter and make my own bread and toothpaste.

5 Likes

And the Fed just increased interest rates, again. :frowning:

I think homemade bread and toothpaste is better for us, anyway. And butter can be made from whipping cream and salt. Tastes better than store butter.

Yeah, that is quite a bit.

2 Likes

Homemade butter is pretty easy and you can use the buttermilk in recipes but whipping cream is pretty expensive here, too.

1 Like

I agree, and with Genesis closing im sure BB would of had NO problem selling the paints @ $5.99 there was no need in gouging the price up to $15.99, thats just taking advantage of a bad situation for artists who use ghsp in my opinion

3 Likes

I used to enjoy going grocery shopping, now its a nightmare. By the time im done im so frustrated its not funny

4 Likes

I’m a bit shocked at BB charging those prices. I know the pandemic hit them hard just like everyone else. I understand them trying to recoup some of the money they must have lost over the past couple of years with all the trouble regarding the bad kits etc. BUT they should keep in mind the customers who tried so hard to keep them afloat while things were so bad. We want to be “faithful” to them but they are going to price us right out of this hobby. It makes me sad, and certainly understand people going to other vendors for their supplies. I hope they take note of what’s happening. BB employs most of their family (I think) so if they go belly-up, everyone’s out of a job!! Not good.

3 Likes