I am painting on the Daisy Kit

I am making the daisy by sandra webb and i wanted a darker skin tone for here
Does anybody now how i can make the skine tone more dark ?
I will show a picture how she is now !

IMG_2009|375x500

2 Likes

Burnt umber washes can make her more “tan”. IF you’re using the primary method, you can do more rounds of red yellow and blue. I also use a lime green wash to add depth to the skin

2 Likes

Flesh 02

1 Like

Hello thank you both for youre advice at the moment i don’t have flesh 02 !
And i started with usually mottling veins creases after that i already done 2 burnt umber 1 brown brown
I started out with no flesh layer i try most off the time with the mottling try to get the right tone
Also i did one black layer but at this point i find it difficult because sometimes it can turn out in not a pretty equal color

Do you have the colors to do a round of primary color washes? ( Red , yellow, blue)

Hello Nikki yes i have but witch color red and yellow and blue ?
I got the/ bountifulbaby red/ pyrolle red 02/ and lip blush nail
Yellow ochre / yellow
Vein blue / Phytallo blue 03/ Ultra marine blue
To many colors off each :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ineke1957 I use genesis red, genesis yellow and ultra marine blue.
But… I know others that use yellow ochre and any shade of red… ( not the lip nail because it’s a premix and isn’t true red)

1 Like

Let’s phone a friend!!! @jlesser any input?

1 Like

Well I dont do primary layers really. I do not use the lighter yellow.
So personally I would do mottle layers of darker red (lip is fine), Utra marine blue with a bit of vein mixed in, and ochre - then bake.

Then washes of burnt umber. Unless your kit is an orangish tint at the point, then I would add a tiny bit of ultramarine blue to the umber to decrease the orange and do some washes - then bake.

I hope that helps, I just add paint here and there with what ever color I think it needs. So I am not very good and saying how to do it. lol

I also want to mention that I have not gotten a very dark baby ever so my advice might not even matter… lol (I think I paint too thin for it)

1 Like

Thank you so mutch for youre advice i will try that
You all got more expierence than me :slight_smile:

I use the primary method and I use Genesis red, yellow and ultramarine blue

1 Like

Used to, when I wasn’t even trying I would get the most beautiful shades of brown babies. But, now that I put so much thought into how I paint, I can only get to a biracial color at most. Idk, I’m just a weird painter I guess.

1 Like

Thank you all so mutch i will give it a try and will show him when he is done ! I love this sculpt so mutch and it suprised me that you don’t see him as mutch
His details like nails are so real

This is my Daisy. image

3 Likes

And mine ~ I used @snuggle2me Carrie’s tutorial

https://www.etsy.com/listing/542208288/aa-buttercup-skintone-painting-tutorial

4 Likes

I did Daisy a few years back too. I actually really liked the kit. Sorry my picture is crappy my camera was not good quality

4 Likes

Youre’s is also beautiful i really love this kit and when finished i keep here in my collection
I see you have gave her painted hair wow it look so great maybe i will try that but never did before :frowning:
Yesterday i have done all the motteling you sayd and later i will do the Burnt Umber but i see the diffrence already :slight_smile:
Thank you so mutch so far

2 Likes

Here i am again i have did some mottlng and washes on the Daisy reborn
This is what she looks like after red mottle blue mottle yellow ochre mottle then i bake
After the bake i did 3 layers burnt umber ,but i ust want just a little more darker tone ?

The pictures i took outside

1 Like

Before and after pictures

1 Like

What do you think off Daisy now ?
I myself just want here a little bit darker must i repley more burnt umber or the washes red /blue /yellow ?