Huxley issues!

I’m so sad! I just got Huxley from Mac on Friday and I took her out to wash her up tonight. The creases on the backs of her legs behind her knees are so thin the light shines right through. They will Never hold glass beads. :frowning: I know that this kit has issues but doesn’t anyone have really thin vinyl behind the knees?

Oh gee…that’s awful…I have washed mine…but never noticed behind the knees…I will have to have a look!!!

Yes, please do and let me know. I messaged them about it. Hope to hear what they will do tomorrow. @MacPhersonCrafts

1 Like

The only issue I had with my Huxley is one eye being noticeably smaller than the other but I fixed that. The creases on mine do let light through but not so much that they won’t hold glass beads. If the creases are balloon thin you should probably return it and get a replacement. Also, I use air dry paints so it’s not as much of an issue for me. If you use heat set it could be a real problem.

4 Likes

I’m working with them now. Sending pictures. Yes the creases are so very deep and vinyl too thin. I’d be worried to sell her. She’s so expensive so I hope things will be okay with the kit.

1 Like

Oh my! I will have to check mine out… that isn’t somewhere I would normally look! EKKk

1 Like

Yes please check!

How did you fix it? I see that on some Huxley’s more than others and wondering what was done. Those two different eyes opening make her eyes look so wonky.

1 Like

Her creases, especially on the right leg behind the knee is thing, but they hols beads and polyfill just fine. My Hux also has some vinyl imperfections like elongated bubbles just in that thing crease, but when painted they are not very noticeable.
Yes, kit it very flawed, and it so upsetting for the price, so I know how you feel.

2 Likes

I was going to order another Huxley, but most likely won’t know. Very worried about how thin this is for the price esp as you said. :sleepy:

2 Likes

If you like her, I wouldn’t worry about it. No one complained that they Hux legs ripped out. I would worry about two spots on her head more as everyone who did painted hair and tried to mask it said that it was impossible to do and at the end they are still noticeable, unless you are planning to root her (and I know that you don’t like rooting :wink: ).

3 Likes

lol no way am I rooting that head :joy:. You know me. Well if this kit is so flawed that my hopes of selling her for the most I’ve ever sold a reborn is down the tubes than I’m not getting another. For that money she should be near perfect. I love her but not that much :joy:

2 Likes

Did you look at Huxley Arcello thread to watch for other places? @Katinafleming did a great report on her flaws.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I saw that thread…kind of afraid to look now! :scream:

1 Like

Here it is
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/huxley-arcello/84941
None of the flaws showed in the end. My second kit had some, but not all of the flaws. But the second one has pin dots all in and on her right ear. I didn’t notice them til the very end.

3 Likes

I had issues to . Many flaws . They told me to send back the kit and if I have more to say o should contact Andrea Archello as “ they work with what they get “ .
Well is sad as if they know all have flaws why isn’t mentioned and priced accordingly??? My Huxley turned out ok , but paying full price for multiple flaws isn’t fair .

5 Likes

I think it’s just hit and miss as far as ordering. My first one was loaded with minor flaws, but the 2nd one wasn’t as bad.

3 Likes

I trimmed the lower lid of the smaller one with a narrow X-acto blade. It’s not a perfect match but it’s much less noticeable. I LOVE my Huxley, warts and all. lol

5 Likes

I love my too :slight_smile:

2 Likes