Huxley boy photo shoot

My little ginger boy got his pictures made today. Now what? Should I try him on eBay? This kit seems to be doing well on there. But the fees…and the wait. Should I just list him on Reborns? And if so, for how much?
Also…I don’t necessarily think he’s prototype quality. But I’m going to enter him in the contest anyway. Can’t hurt to try. :woman_shrugging:t2:

23 Likes

I think he’s good enough to enter. I just love your photo shoot. How much hair did you need for him?

2 Likes

Thank you. I used a combination of 2 reds. And I don’t know how much it ended up being. Probably around 3/4 oz. I rooted it thick…probably too thick for such a rock hard head. It seemed to take forever. :grimacing:

Amazing baby!

1 Like

He’s adorable one of the custest I’ve seen. YOu should absolutely not sell yourself short and enter the contest! If Huxley is a popular sculpt I’d start the price higher than what you usually would for a doll this size. He looks big and you’ve done a lot of rooting work.

3 Likes

I love his denim jacket! Your dolls are done very well. Don’t know about pricing though. I am sure it will be a dilemma for me should I ever sell.

2 Likes

Thanks @PutABonnetOnIt, @katieperry, and @Jacelyn5440. :blush:
I went nuts and listed him for $1200. If he doesn’t sell for that, I can go down. Can’t hurt to try. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I decided to try everything except eBay though. eBay fees would have been around $150. No thanks. :scream:

2 Likes

I think your Huxley is very realistic. He just might sell at that price. Have you had any views yet?

1 Like

He’s gotten a lot of views on Reborns and he’s been sitting in someone’s Etsy cart for a couple of hours. I only added him to one small reborn group. And someone there offered me a trade for a completed Atticus.

I predict he’ll be gone within a week. If mine comes out as good as yours, I’m not sure I’ll be able to part with him/her.

2 Likes

Thank you :kissing_heart:

Yep – can always go down. He is so precious. I hope you get really close to that if you don’t get the whole amount.

And he’s sold already! A lady on Facebook and a lady on Etsy both wanted him at the exact same time. One beat the other by about 30 seconds. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew he’d go fast.

1 Like

Thank you!

This should reassure that he’s good enough for the contest. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations on the very fast sale Katina! You should definitely enter him in the contest, he is adorable!

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :confetti_ball::champagne::balloon: that is so wonderful!!!

2 Likes

He is an absolutely precious little boy!! Love him!!! Congratulations on his sell!.

Congratulations!!! :tada::tada::tada: