How would you handle this?

I’m in love with your daughter’s room. When she grows up and moves out I’ve got dibs on her room lol lol lol. That mural is absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

No i learn to say no. I use to say yes but then it was so hard for me to get inspire. I hated every part of the process. Reforming for me is a stress reliever if I don’t enjoy painting a kit no matter how much someone would pay me I wouldn’t do it. I like @DollyPardon suggestion try to get the person to chose one you would like better.

2 Likes

@DollyPardon, I was totally picturing something else and it wasn’t nearly as cute as this.

1 Like

I think it’s okay to be honest and say “I’m sorry, but I don’t like that kit”. Then they can decide if they want a new kit or a new artist.

1 Like

Speaking from personal experience (mind you I’ve only done a handful of customs), it really sucks the fun out of the whole process when you’re forcing yourself to paint something you don’t like. I took a custom order for Nevaeh earlier this year, and struggled through every moment because I dislike the kit so much. Unless there’s some dire financial reason why’d you need to take this custom, I’d say pass on it and only paint what speaks to your heart.

LOL LOL too funny

2 Likes

What did you do to fill in the creases?

That’s incredible!!!

1 Like

@jlesser I filled them in with 3-D thick, in a few thin layers, smoothed them out with an emery board nail file, then put matte sealer on them before painting. Next time I’m going to try liquid Sculpey.

1 Like

@DollyParton I LOVE your butterfly wall AND your daughter’s room. She must feel like a princess in there.

1 Like

Thank you, @jeanhai! That wall was so inexpensive and easy, but people really seem to like it. The vase and flowers came from Pier One, then the butterflies were on Amazon for around $3 a pack (what you see is two packs).

And yes, my daughter loves her room. It was so much work, but so worth it. :blush: