How often on the Linseed Oil?

Hi ladies!
I know about the Linseed Oil in the paint to help prevent chalkiness, however what I would like to know is how often you would do this. Do you add it to just the first layer or do you put it in all the paint and in all the layers? I don’t put it in vein paint, the creases and wrinkles or even for the capillaries, but how about the mottling layers and the flesh layers and the blush layers? Do you add it to each new batch of paint? If so, that could end up being a whole lot of Linseed oil on the doll, especially when you are doing lots and lots of layers and is that much oil going to make a difference one way or the other in the final outcome of the doll?

1 Like

i for one use it only in my skin tones.so they are nice and even I dontuse it in my mottle and stuff…but maybe I am doing it wrong.

— Begin quote from “joa44”

i for one use it only in my skin tones.so they are nice and even I dontuse it in my mottle and stuff…but maybe I am doing it wrong.

— End quote

You are right, you use the Linseed oil in the Flesh color when you making the skintone, any flesh color including for AA .

I only use it my base flesh tones. I use it in each base flesh tone layer, but not the mottling, creases, blushing, veining, etc.

1 Like

Ive never heard of using linseed oil,can someone explain it to me.thanks cathy

hi ladies, where do you get your lindseed oil? would the linseed oil you grt from wal-mart work? thank-you linda

— Begin quote from “Linda M 49”

hi ladies, where do you get your lindseed oil? would the linseed oil you grt from wal-mart work? thank-you linda

— End quote

Micheal , and any craft store . Cathy you use 3 drop of linseed oil in your flesh color.

My head is stuffed (like the dolls) with so much information right now…OK, so the linseed oil in the flesh layers helps to decrease any chalkiness…so I guess I want to know how much to add, also. also, can someone describe the “look,” or “feel” of the baby skin with the linseed oil vs. without? Rhonda

— Begin quote from “rxcathy”

Ive never heard of using linseed oil,can someone explain it to me.thanks cathy

— End quote

We use the linseed oil in all flesh color, you use 3 drop in the flesh when you mixed it with your thinner, the linseed oil is good for the paint going smooth and when you bake the kit don’t came chalky.

1 Like

Hi, well I usually only put it in my brown paints when I do AA babies!!:blush:

1 Like

Hello Pia :wink::wink::wink::wink::joy::joy::joy::joy::heart::heart::heart:

I use a few drops in my flesh base layers and that’s it.

1 Like

I tried using it with ethnic skin tones to get better blending, and avoid that “dirty-muddy” look you sometimes get using browns and flesh tones. I noticed a little bit of a difference.

I used just a couple drops per big batch.

I found that if you do use it the paint and oil can bind so you have to toss the batch after you are done painting. I think it is better in tiny one time use batches.

Be careful with linseed oil, make sure it is stored safely and any paper towels or sponges you used get thrown away outdoors. It has a strong scent and is very flammable.