How is this okay?

I mean, I understand showing pictures if YOU are the reborner, obviously, and are showing pictures of your previous work so a buyer can get an idea of what you’re capable of. But to show pictures from another artist and state that this is how your babies could look after reborning somehow is not right since they will NOT look like the babies pictured, since no one…most likely not even the artist, could duplicate EXACTLY what is pictured. From my own experience, I once tried to duplicate one of my Precious Gifts and while it came out fine, it wasn’t an exact replica because I am a human, not a machine. I’ve even worked on twins at one point and THEY didn’t even come out exactly alike! Do I make any sense?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181709834381?_trksid=p11010.c100135.m2768&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122141244%26meid%3Dc5c45ac5d6c44b71be39859d51e3eff9%26pid%3D100135%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D281654024311

2 Likes

I agree. This wrong. I almost ordered a doll off etsy thinking the one pictured was the one I was getting. It was expensive also. I’m so glad I didn’t. I read reviews later that stated how the babies didn’t look anything close to the pictures.

2 Likes

She does say in the brief, misspelled description that the pics are from Bountiful Baby but it seems really fishy to me too. I certainly wouldn’t spend that kind of money without seeing pics of her previous work. When I bought a custom baby the listing had numerous pics of the artists other work and a link to her FB page with a bajillion more.

Unfortunately someone is likely to be very disappointed.

3 Likes

Totally wrong in every sense of the word. I think its shameful for anyone to do that. I feel if someone has to use someone elses creation to sale their own that tells me alot about the artist~

3 Likes

I hate to be this way, but words not spelled correctly and poor grammar make me not want to order anything from that person. If they can’t manage the details in the listing, I am not going to take a chance they will be meticulous when making a reborn. Add to that that they are saying the doll “could” look like the photos of other artists’ work, and I’d be pretty sure this would not be someone I’d trust for this sort of transaction. Run like the wind in the other direction from this one!!!

7 Likes

Best thing is to notify the artist whose photo she is using, they can have the photo removed if they contact eBay

Best thing is to notify the artist whose photo she is using, they can have the photo removed if they contact eBay

Kims Tiny Toes Originals is her website, but I cannot access her email from there. Can anybody else try?

I agree 100% – misspelled words and poor grammar make me cringe AND drive me bonkers! Grrrrrrrr…makes the person seem uneducated and not to be trusted. Certainly not someone I’d do business with.

5 Likes

I think I might ask her for pics of her other work too and mention that her method of getting paid first so she has all of her money is wrong. The buyer only has 45 days to open a dispute and 60 days to leave feedback. She needs a needs a new system.

1 Like

Actually, it is very likely a scam. She could sell several and after 3 months disappear.

2 Likes

Scam – absolutely!

1 Like

If she marks it as shipped and sends anything at that time a small empty box or package and adds tracking then she could technically get away with it,
Mary

That then would be fraud and the recipient would have to report it to police. But just marking it as sent, she can claim it was picked up; 3 or more months later I would hate to be in a position trying to get my money back. If you look at her FB there are 2 dolls she sold recently; they sure do not look like those she used to advertise this order.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if this person really is Kim Noble from Tiny Toes Nursery or some kind of identity theft. She has a very nice website with beautiful babies and all of her spelling and grammar is accurate. Joanna Gomes’s Amelie prototype was done by Kim Noble of Tiny Toes Nursery. I do think this is a scam but I’m not convinced it’s being done by Kim Noble.What’s the email address?

1 Like

“the pictures shown are from bountifulbaby so u can see what the kit looks like when completed and how they hair will be rooted”

This is not Kim. The woman is using Kim’s pictures from the BB gallery to get the interest of the buyer. If you look at her feedback history you can see a few of her dolls. They are minimally painted and look bald. Her dolls are no where near the quality of the Sugar and Honey that Kim did. She is misrepresenting her ability and some buyer is going to be very very disappointed!!

3 Likes

Absolutely NOT Kim! Somebody thinks they can scam potential customers by showing pics of Kim’s work. This person’s ability is way, way below Kim’s standard and anyone who orders a doll from her will be sorely disappointed, for sure. IF there really would even be a doll…she might just plan to take money and produce a whole lot of NOTHING. I hope Kim sees it and at least has her pictures removed since it’s very doubtful she gave this person permission to use her pictures.

Oh, no! Has someone let this artist know? I don’t know how to contact her.

Bountiful has the rights to Kim’s pics that she took for their prototype/gallery. I would think they can also ask the seller to take them down. Are you okay with the way this seller is using these pictures @EmilyBB? :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Unfortunately this is done all of the time and many of the artists that are doing it don’t feel it is wrong to show the prototype and not be able to come anywhere close to that. It is definitely a “buyer beware” . There are tons of posts about this on the scammer page run by Michelle Williams.

2 Likes